Health card TAJ in Hungary

Old Aug 13th 2014, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

najaures is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health card TAJ in Hungary

Health Insurance & Hungarian National Health Card TAJ

Hi to all,

Can anyone help please.

As a new UK resident in Budapest (Hungary) I wish to know the procedure to undertake in order to qualify for the Hungarian health system in paying a voluntary contribution @ HUF 6800 per month. I already got my residence card + address card then visited the tax office NAV and got a tax card but OEP (health office) told me to wait 1 year before joining their system which is strange.

I understand if you are employed you will be covered in Hungary. I also know that UK pensioners can get a form from UK authorites which allows them for registration with the Hungarian health service OEP.

However, if you are not employed and not retired, I wonder how you get into the system ? I already informed HMRC UK and NHS UK to cancel my EHIC Health card and am still confused and may have missed something.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with this matter to bring his advice and help; very much appreciated.

All the best

Ned
Old Aug 14th 2014, 8:06 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health card TAJ in Hungary

Hi there and welcome to the forum. This thread here should answer some of your questions, I think there are a couple of others on the forum, hopefully somebody will find them for you.