British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   Get Healthcare Insurance In Hungary (My Country of Origin) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/get-healthcare-insurance-hungary-my-country-origin-899451/)

Neoshane Jul 11th 2017 5:22 pm

Get Healthcare Insurance In Hungary (My Country of Origin)

Hello everyone!

I hope someone can help me with an answer here.

My problem:
I got back from England after I lived and worked there for 4 years and now I need health insurance in Hungary.

I got back last year July, and I started working after that, my workplace is paying my healthcare insurance, but then I had to go to a doctor with some minor issue and they told me that I am not insured in Hungary only insured in a different EEA country thus i can not get free medical attendance.
I contacted my local health insurance authority and they told me they can not do anything, I need 2 copy of FORM E104 form UK health insurance authority.

The situation is: I can not find this / can not get this / I am an idiot, you can choose 1 of the following options if you wish...

I checked online but only found this: https://public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc...ate=CA3916.xdp which says: "You do not need to complete this form you will need to contact your relevant Foreign Authority and they will need to
complete and send us form SED 040."

I can not find my answer, do not understand anything about this....getting only frustrated about this...as why my healthcare authority just can not do this easily without they making me to look for answer, which can not be found by me...

scrubbedexpat142 Jul 11th 2017 8:51 pm

Re: Get Healthcare Insurance In Hungary (My Country of Origin)

I believe you need E121, or so OEP told me!

I don't think E104 exists (for the UK) anymore.

Peter_in_Hungary Jul 12th 2017 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Neoshane (Post 12291967)
I contacted my local health insurance authority and they told me they can not do anything, I need 2 copy of FORM E104 form UK health insurance authority.

The situation is: I can not find this / can not get this / I am an idiot, you can choose 1 of the following options if you wish...

I checked online but only found this: https://public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc...ate=CA3916.xdp which says: "You do not need to complete this form you will need to contact your relevant Foreign Authority and they will need to
complete and send us form SED 040."

I can not find my answer, do not understand anything about this....getting only frustrated about this...as why my healthcare authority just can not do this easily without they making me to look for answer, which can not be found by me...

As far as I could see form E104 was abolished and you are correct when you say "You do not need to complete this form you will need to contact your relevant Foreign Authority -(in this case your TB office) and they will need to complete and send us form SED 040." 'Us' being the UK NI office in Newcastle.

I suspect that your local TB office don't know what they are supposed to do - not an unusual situation I'm afraid. I suggest that you print the pages from the link you gave and go to your TB office and hit them over the head with it !!

good luck

Szeged Jul 14th 2017 11:58 am

This resembles stories of the TAJ Card scenario with regards to the S40. My advice would be to insist on seeing the manager of the Foreign Authority and more importantly take a Hungarian speaker with you.

I see the same happen in the UK when I help "Foreigners", with opening a bank account for example. The "Foreigner" gets the run around and are asked for specific papers. When I intervene they (i.e. the bank) normally change their tone and decisions. As usual though, it depends on who you speak to on the day.

rickster000 Jul 15th 2017 12:45 pm

I had the same issue getting daughter's TAJ Card, I was told I had to get her an E104 from the UK

After a lot of calls I eventually spoke to the right person in the NI Dept in UK who said the E104 is now defunct and that in these circumstances the foreign authority need to contact them (the NI Dept in UK) and get an SO41 certificate.

When I went back to OEP BUdapest with this info, they issued my daughter's TAJ on the spot.

They either followed up their later or, more likely I suspect, just ignored it.

Neoshane Jul 18th 2017 7:28 pm

Thanks everyone for your answers.

Tomorrow I am going to the healthcare authority person and I will tell her these info you gave me.
Hopefully I can get my healthcare (TB-card) going here soon..:P

mawood47 Jul 19th 2017 4:48 am

One or two words of Warning, Please check out weather State Medical Care or Private Insurance, Covers Past Health Problems, This Way I to return regretfully to UK.
If I had not Returned to UK I would have been in a Wooden Box by now. digger47

enter Jul 19th 2017 8:43 am

In my case my health issues in UK were not an issue in Hungary questions/proof was never asked for. TAJ obtained without fuss and any issues I have or had are treated like any Hungarian.

Neoshane Aug 12th 2017 2:00 pm

So, i was at the office again.
And they told me i have to fill a form they gave me...they said they "think" this is the S40 form....they think...
But i need 2 more document from my last employer in Britain: P45 and P60 as well...
So now I am waiting for those...
I do not even know when this will end...

Peter_in_Hungary Aug 12th 2017 6:57 pm

P45 and P60. You should have both of these from your last employer already. P60 must be given to you by your employer at the end of each tax year and the P45 must be given to you when you leave employment.

duztee Aug 13th 2017 4:35 pm

I am afraid to say this is a common problem.
For a country that loves paperwork they are shocking lax in understanding it or keeping up with it.

I was given the same hogwash when I applied, but I called Newcastle from outside the office and went straight back in with the right information, unbelievably the information was not needed as I spoke with a different woman who knew all the relevant information.
I leave you to imagine just how boiling mad I was! a totally wasted international phone call, and two women in the same office, one competent and the other not fit to be sweeping the floor.