Gas Boilers

Old Apr 27th 2010, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough
Default Gas Boilers

Do they have Gas or Electric boilers in Hungary?
Also is Gas on mains or gas bottles in Lake Balaton. I currently live in Spain and it is Gas bottles here.

Klarika
Old Apr 27th 2010, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

hotpot will become famous soon enoughhotpot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Gas Boilers

you can get both gas and electric boilers here. they always fit them in the bathroom with washing machine.
they run on mains gas and unless you buy some were that is miles from anywhere you may be on bottled gas.

hope this helps.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Hotpot we are looking around Fonyod area so hopefully there is mains there. Also do you know if you can get English TV there as you can here in Spain?

Thanks

Klarika
Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

hi yes fonyod is about 20 mins from us and all of that town is on mains gas. if you are having a place built then it should be in the road.

tv to get all the channels you need a 2.4m dish. but with a small dish 1.2m that we have and a freesat box you can get ITV C4 C5 C4+1 FIVE LIVE. plus all the junky channels sky new bbc news with interactive red button sports (most sport on bbc)
Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Hotspot where abouts do you live?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

hi
from fonyod go left to the far end of the lake along the A7 you come to a big round about turn right and it takes you into balatonszentgyorgy. that is where we are been here 5 years
Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi Hotspot,

Funny enough that is where we are looking at some properties.
There are some real nice and still reasonable priced properties there from what I have seen.

What do you think of the area? are you near the Lake?

I have stayed in Balatonbereny and Alamadi on previous visits.

I speak Hungarian but my partner does not so he takes comfort knowing that there are some brits out there rather that just talking to me all the time.

Regards
Klarika
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:06 am
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klarika
Do they have Gas or Electric boilers in Hungary?
Also is Gas on mains or gas bottles in Lake Balaton. I currently live in Spain and it is Gas bottles here.

Klarika
Mains gas - in the villages as well.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

hi klarika

b' bereny is the next town to us and yes it is nice there and very close to the lake. we are about 3/4 k from the lake.

can i just point out to you that from fonyod to us although there are a few towns all joined together i would say 80% of all the houses are holiday homes or rental property. therefore in the winter they are like ghost towns and the shops and restaurants close down. which can make you feel a bit isolated.

b'bereny is only about 40% holiday homes so they do have a few places open all year round.

hope this helps
Old Apr 29th 2010, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Hotpot,
What about the area where you are does everything close down over the winter or are there a few resturants/ bars open? We live in Spain along the coast and it is the same here in the winter so are use to it however would like there to be a few open.

Klarika
Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

hi.

where we are is in the puszta of b'szentgyorgy about 1-2k out of the town and we have a shop and two pubs. in the town we have 4 grocery shops 3 restaurants a hardwear shop. bank,posta and a very good community centre all stay open all year as the % of holiday homes is only about 3-4 %. we have 3 english couples and we know of more joining us soon. we are 12 k south of keszthely which as you know has everything.

pat

the house next door to us is for sale.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Sounds good enough for me just as long there is some life there in the winter, however the other towns are not to far either I suppose.
Do you know which agent the house next door is up with?

Klarika
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

no but we are away for a couple of days but will find out for you.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 4:36 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Klarika, just have to reiterate what Hotpot said about Balatonszentgyorgy. We live a good 20 minutes away but for the past 2 years, have regularly travelled to the Piki Restaurant. In fact, that's where we hold the expat meetings. Even friends and family whom we have taken, have commented on how nice the village is and it doesn't "die" in the winter as some of the lakeside villages do. If you are looking for "some life" in the winter Klarika, I would concentrate on a village where the majority of the population is resident. The parts of the lake which we have visited in the winter have been extremely desolate with shops, cafes etc closed and a large percentage of properties shuttered up.

Good luck with the search.

John : Even our village has mains gas and it doesn't get much more rural than us
Old May 1st 2010, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi Rural,
Do you know which are the villages that are mostlly residential?

Thanks
Klarika

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.