g l m

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

tommy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default g l m

hi is there anyone out there that has heard of g. l. m. my brother went on a visit to the lake and nearby last week with g. l. m. looking to buy a property but saw a plot of land instead and as he is a builder has decided to buy and build new. he handed over 500 pounds and has to make his deposit up to 2000 this week. he is slightly worried as it all seamed too easy, is he worrying over nothing?and does anyone know of g. l. m. and are they a reputeable company? ty everyone
Old Dec 4th 2009, 5:17 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: g l m

Originally Posted by tommy1
hi is there anyone out there that has heard of g. l. m. my brother went on a visit to the lake and nearby last week with g. l. m. looking to buy a property but saw a plot of land instead and as he is a builder has decided to buy and build new. he handed over 500 pounds and has to make his deposit up to 2000 this week. he is slightly worried as it all seamed too easy, is he worrying over nothing?and does anyone know of g. l. m. and are they a reputeable company? ty everyone
Well they have a web site!
http://www.glmhungary.com/

But, to be honest .... would he do that in the UK if he was buying something? Why do it there in a country he is less knowledgeable about. Tell him to get an independent solicitor ...... not one associated with GLM.

Its folly to go and buy something, start paying money over, without proper legal representation

Does he know also if he will be allowed to build something himself, or if there is building permission for the plot?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Rufusz is an unknown quantity at this point

100% agree with Mitzyboy get a solicitor ASAP.

The building permissions and requirements to build a house are really complicated and it's easy to get a fine. I would strongly recommend to hire a local company to deal with the construction to avoid getting ripped off.

The construction industry is a "grey area" in Hungary, unpaid bills and frauds are common so buying a house would be a lot easier.

Hungary also suffered a moderate crash in property prices so building a house could also be more expensive than buying one at a good price.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

his308 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tommy. We bought through GLM and had a three day property viewing trip. We found the company and the employees very genuine and professional and we bought property whilst we were there. We paid on that day in cash £1000 deposit and that secured the property and also paid for all our legals. We had a bit of a disaster with the sales agreements/contracts etc as they went missing in the post. This was resolved as they quickly sent replacements. We were disappointed with the after sales service as they were unable to locate good tradesmen for us (only 2 and they were well over the cost money-wise). Since then we have located 2 english chaps and a young Belgian who can turn his hand to anything. They have transformed our home and at a decent rate of pay. They have become lovely friends and are highly trustworthy. So, in my opinion, GLM are professional but as I said after sales (for us) has been disappointing. We located our lads through this site. Hope that is some help for you. LESLEY AND RAY