car lending

Old Sep 22nd 2016, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

heli2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car lending

anyone know what the legal side of things are if a Hungarian friend lends me a car in Hungary is it the same as if I was Hungarian or does it matter that I am classed as only visiting
Also what would be the rule on traveling outside Hungary to other EU countries if the car has a green card insurance or is it just the owner that is covered by the green card
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car lending

All car insurance in Hungary is any driver. You would have to check with the insurance company about driving outside Hungary. To avoid problems if you get a roadside check you need a loan document between the owner and the borrower.

A download proforma is available at Letölthető dokumentumok, Autókölcsönzés, autókölcsönző, bérautó, autóbérlés and click on GÉPJÁRMŰ KÖLCSÖNADÁSI SZERZŐDÉS
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

heli2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers Peter I will download the form

it was reading this Car registration and taxes - Your Europe that got me wondering as I understand it my friend cant visit the UK and lend me a car but I can borrow the car in Hungary and subject to insurance drive to UK do I have that right?
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heli2010
it was reading this Car registration and taxes - Your Europe that got me wondering as I understand it my friend cant visit the UK and lend me a car but I can borrow the car in Hungary and subject to insurance drive to UK do I have that right?
It would appear so from reading the above link. Although it says nothing about you driving your friends car in a 3rd country.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

I advise to be very careful here, would be horrible to run into problems!

We had a similar discussion some time ago where I told my story:

I gave my Car with German licence plates to my Hungarian son in law who was stopped here by Hungarian police and the wanted to fine him and take the car away!

The cop only relented when he saw the wife's shock and the baby in the back seat and told the young man:

That "loan agreement" from the car's owner can only be valid for 24 hours - to take the car to a repair shop etc ...

So the easiest way for you would be to have your father in law sign a lot of these papers and for every day you need the car put in the date ...

Then he let them go on their way.

In the end we solved this by me "selling" the car to him - it took some time and a lot of paperwork, but was no problem - the car wasn't to old (an Astra station wagon, very common here).