Flybalaton

Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Flybalaton

Originally Posted by mamasue
Thanks for the update, RH.... good news!
I know Ryanair aren't the best, but better than nothing!
My dentist is in Heviz, and I need a visit.... so looking forward to the airport opening!!
Anyone heard anything else regarding Flybalaton - we are hearing that the local press (hungarian) are saying UK flights will be arriving at Flybalaton but when we emailed Flybalaton they say 2011 flight schedule not known yet ????
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:42 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Les & Jenn, no what I believe the local press are reporting is that negotiations are under way and "if" successful, flights will recommence next year. To date, there has been no confirmation from Tamás László or SCD group as negotiations are still ongoing.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hi Les & Jenn, no what I believe the local press are reporting is that negotiations are under way and "if" successful, flights will recommence next year. To date, there has been no confirmation from Tamás László or SCD group as negotiations are still ongoing.
Thanks if you hear anything further please do let us know I am itching to start booking next years flights but daren't till we know for sure whats going on I want to be able to support Flybalaton if it does do UK flights !!!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Flybalaton

Hi there I have just heard from our old estate agent that Ryanair will operate flights to Flybalaton from April 2011 - anyone else heard anything ?????
Old Nov 16th 2010, 1:24 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a case of old news being regurgitated. The rumour and general consensus is that Ryanair will be flying into Balaton in 2011 but to date there has been no official confirmation. I should imagine that SCD group will be shouting from the roof tops if and when Ryanair and Aeroflot dot the I's and cross the T's . Will let you know if we hear anything

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Nov 16th 2010 at 1:34 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Flybalaton

I think it's a case of old news being regurgitated. The rumour and general consensus is that Ryanair will be flying into Balaton in 2011 but to date there has been no official confirmation. I should imagine that SCD group will be shouting from the roof tops if and when Ryanair and Aeroflot dot the I's and cross the T's . Will let you know if we hear anything
I HAVE JUST HAD CONFIRMATION FROM FLYBALATON AIRPORT THAT RYANAIR WILL COMMENCE FLIGHTS FROM APRIL 2011 - CANT SEE ANYTHING ON RYANAIR WEBSITE YET THOUGH !!!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:34 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Excellent news Jenn, lets hope things run more smoothly this time! Did they mention where in the UK they would be flying from? Thanks for letting us know

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Nov 16th 2010 at 5:37 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Great news, I hope it includes Bristol and I hope they give the Airport a chance and do not start charging silly prices. It is a perfect airport for Balaton and may mean we will be visiting earlier than we are planning.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Flybalaton

Excellent news Jenn, lets hope things run more smoothly this time! Did they mention where in the UK they would be flying from? Thanks for letting us know

Dont know anything more but will try and get more info out of them today - keep checking Ryanair website but no route news update and Balaton is still not on the list of airports - it surely must be soon because they will have already got flights for April up on their website.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 9:02 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Thanks Jenn, I have emailed SCD group to see if they can throw any light on the situation. The last local report still mentions that they are in negotiations so I am guessing they must have concluded very recently. Might be a few days before the flights go live...... Brian at the expats is offering a bar of chocolate to the person who first finds the flights online, so keep looking
Old Nov 21st 2010, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jenn, I have emailed SCD group to see if they can throw any light on the situation. The last local report still mentions that they are in negotiations so I am guessing they must have concluded very recently. Might be a few days before the flights go live...... Brian at the expats is offering a bar of chocolate to the person who first finds the flights online, so keep looking
What's this SCD group? The mind boggles you might be some kind of 'Strictly Come Dancing' group in rural Hungary! LOL!
Old Nov 21st 2010, 11:44 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by FenTiger
What's this SCD group? The mind boggles you might be some kind of 'Strictly Come Dancing' group in rural Hungary! LOL!
Now that's an idea, if nothing else it would be great publicity!

SCD Group are the new owners of Flybalaton - www.scdgroup.hu they have a number of developments and investments in the Balaton area.

Jenn, do you know who it was that confirmed flights in April as there is still no announcement in the local press or confirmation by SCD group? Thanks
Old Nov 21st 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Last Friday I Googled "Flybalaton airport" and there was a one sentenced comment that Ryanair will fly to Balaton April 2011 from Stanstead as it did back in 2008 when we first visited the area. If so this is not good for us as it took about 4-5 hours by car with the traffic etc M25. Does that mean I will get chocolate??
Old Nov 21st 2010, 12:33 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Absolutely not In fact I might disqualify you for trying to cheat!

As I always tell the children, read the question thoroughly before attempting to answer. I think you will find that the question is, who can show flights available for sale on the Ryanair site. So no chocolate for you!

Hmmm, I did suspect that they might only be flying into London but had hoped otherwise due to their recent departure from Budapest. The problem is that there really isn't anything new being reported. All of the news reports over the past few weeks stem from interviews with Tamas Laszlo (Ryanair) during which he confirmed that they were in talks with SCD group and Agoston Gubicza (managing director of SCD Group) who also confirmed that negotiations were ongoing and he implied that Ryanair, Germanwings and Aeroflot would fly to Balaton as of April 2011. However, he refused to confirm or comment on the flight schedule for 2011. Every other report is an interpretation of these interviews. The most recent that I have heard or read is when Jenn posted saying Ryanair had confirmed the rumours. As for routes, I guess it will be a case of waiting and seeing. I do hope that they fly to at least one airport North of London

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Nov 21st 2010 at 1:28 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Such a hard woman Rural

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.