Flybalaton

Old May 26th 2016, 3:27 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flybalaton

Originally Posted by wolfi
Last year they had around 20 000 passengers (during summer season only - and essentially just on Saturdays) and this year they hoped for 25 000, but not too long ago when RyanAir had those flights to London ...
The Ryan Air times were great ! Maybe one day we'll have a Lndon service again.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

lulu122 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news flights to London in 2017..
http://www.repulnijo.hu/heviz-balaton-repuloter-2017-tervek/
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Well, my wife is still skeptical - but if this were true it would be the nicest Xmas present for us and our friends and family (I have friends in London which I haven't seen for so many years and we have relatives living in England too ...).

Thank you, lulu!
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

lulu122 is an unknown quantity at this point

We will see if anything materialises. There's already some doubt about it in relation to Ryanair's outstanding EUR1m debt having to be paid by the airline that flies to London - which i'm sure no one would pay. hopefully not!
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Razorbite101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Would be great if it takes off(pun intended) Our house is only 15 minutes away from the airport.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Razorbite101
Would be great if it takes off(pun intended) Our house is only 15 minutes away from the airport.
Yes, I don't live near...but it would be a brilliant boost for the region. Balaton is such a great place to come on holiday. When our friends visit us they always have a great time

Last edited by Pollypaprika; Dec 23rd 2016 at 3:53 pm. Reason: typo
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely agree, Polly - and my relatives in Britain see it the same way. I still remember when my niece came with three friends for a long weekend ...

A bit OT now:
The latest news shows that Hungary is relevant for British tourists.

British airline Flybe has announced it will launch a Budapest-London Southend (SEN) route as of May 2017, on which it plans to fly a Brazilian Embraer E195 aircraft three times a week, according to press statement sent to the Budapest Business Journal by Budapest Airport, the operator of the capital’s Ferenc Liszt International Airport.
London’s popularity as a destination from Budapest has stayed high lately, as approximately 1.5 million passengers have flown on the route this year, Budapest Airport said. As of the summer of 2017, five airports in the British capital – Heathrow, Luton, Stansted, Gatwick and Southend – will be available through the flights of six airlines from the Hungarian capital.
Flybe to add Budapest-London Southend route | The Budapest Business Journal on the web | bbj.hu
Old Dec 29th 2016, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Good news?
Also, the operations of Balaton Boating Zrt. and the Hévíz Lake Spa will be reviewed, and plans are to increase traffic at the Sármellék airport.
Of course with the rampant corruption we don't know what will come out of this in the end ...
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Extract from Daily News.......

Then, the airport of Sármellék could also welcome an increase in traffic: 23.5 thousand passengers travelled to or from the Hévíz-Balaton Airport in 2016. This year they intend to launch scheduled flights from three West European cities. Luckily the traffic of the Moscow airport could compensate the airport after the Turkish charters stopped arriving in July last year. The main traffic was provided by the charter flights from German cities and those were followed by the Russians. Moreover, the flights of UTair all went with full board, and this year, aside the weekly Moscow flights, London and Frankfurt will become available to travel to twice a week, and, according to the plans, there will be one weekly flight connecting Sármellék and Brussels, as well.

Read more at: The airports of Hungary: records in 2016 and new flights this year - Daily News Hungary

We shall see.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly off topic but Wizzair now do flights from London Luton and Bristol to Kosice two or three times a week for around £90 return which for anyone living in or visiting the Miskolc area is far more convenient than flying to Budapest.

Kosice is only 45km from where I live and more or less a straight run from my house to the airport. You do have to stop at the border though to buy a 10 Euro vignette to use the motorway.

The airport itself is very small compared to Budapest with plenty of parking and none of the crowds you find in larger airports. There's also a regular bus service to take you to your hotel, or to Miskolc and Budapest.

My son who flew from Bristol said he found it far easier than having the hassle of flying to and from Budapest and this year will do it again.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is interested!
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, enter ans Sachina!

Though after all those disappointments from premature "announcements" I'm still sceptical re SOB.

Kosice is a bit far for us - but very interesting for my wife's family in Eastern Hungary.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

It's an option we have thought about. Will put it to our relatives in Hungary next time. Sounds fab, flying into Slovakia and then driving via family or hire car to Miskolc.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
It's an option we have thought about. Will put it to our relatives in Hungary next time. Sounds fab, flying into Slovakia and then driving via family or hire car to Miskolc.
Hi Fen Tiger!

I'm not sure where you live in the UK, but I see that Wizzair now do a flight to Kosice from Doncaster/Sheffield as well as Luton and Bristol.

I think most of the fights arrive in Kosice in the early hours of the morning. I know my son's flight from Bristol arrived at 0.55 hrs which meant staying overnight in a hotel.

We later worked it out that taking the cost of a hotel plus 10 Euros for a vignette, plus petrol it would have been cheaper for him to have taken a taxi from the airport, which to Miskolc costs between 23 to 29 000ft but obviously not as much to my home near Encs.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
Hi Fen Tiger!

I'm not sure where you live in the UK, but I see that Wizzair now do a flight to Kosice from Doncaster/Sheffield as well as Luton and Bristol.

I think most of the fights arrive in Kosice in the early hours of the morning. I know my son's flight from Bristol arrived at 0.55 hrs which meant staying overnight in a hotel.

We later worked it out that taking the cost of a hotel plus 10 Euros for a vignette, plus petrol it would have been cheaper for him to have taken a taxi from the airport, which to Miskolc costs between 23 to 29 000ft but obviously not as much to my home near Encs.
We live in Orpington, Kent. Nearest airport is Gatwick ... 32 minutes away via M25 and M23. We are 5 mins from M25.
We have previously picked up visitors from abroad at Luton, Stanstead and Gatwick. I am not particularly keen on driving to Luton and Stanstead due to congestion at Dartford crossing but since the toll charge is now paid online it's not as bad although still an issue at times. Still I wouldn't mind driving further to save alot of £££s! It would be more affordable for my wife's family to come over.