Roof

Old Jun 21st 2016, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Tonymol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Roof

Can somebody give me a ball park figure for the cost of a new roof for a one bedroom bungalow?
Old Jun 21st 2016, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roof

I seem to recall a figure a bit north 5000 huf / m2.
But it depends what you mean by a new roof, total replace and needing a concrete ring beam as well or replace using existing materials where in good condition. If you are reusing the roof tiles expect 10% - 20% breakage.

Best advice would be to get quotes to understand costs and what is possible.

What about insulation? if it is currently on the ceiling then it will get destroyed during replacement unless removed first (wonderful job !!!!) If the building is 'old school' and has 10-15cm of soil in the loft then its a good time to decide what to do with the loft and how to properly insulate it.

If it is a roof replace and its a hipped roof then sometimes it makes sense to make it gable ended in the process as it makes the loft space much more usable.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Tonymol is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes the building is "old school" no insulation. It looks like I'll take up the offer of having the survey done first. Theres a British builder in Western Hungary doing surveys and building work
Old Jul 29th 2016, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

lulu122 is an unknown quantity at this point

we have been quoted circa 2million HUF for a new roof (around 170m2) which now compared to this seems double the price it should be?
Old Jul 30th 2016, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lulu122
we have been quoted circa 2million HUF for a new roof (around 170m2) which now compared to this seems double the price it should be?
I looked back at the quote we had at end of 2014 and it worked out at 5700 / m2. That was for removing the old down to the beams (the roof timbers stayed) and new build up consisting of roofing felt, contra-battens, tile battens, tiles. Materials not included.

Lulu - what was included in your quote?
Old Jul 30th 2016, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

lulu122 is an unknown quantity at this point

it includes new felt, battens, gutters but using the same tiles..
Old Jul 30th 2016, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

if the quote includes supply of the materials then you will have to calculate the cost of the materials to see what the labour charge is. Using the same tiles will probably cost a 10% loss due to breakage or more depending how much damage you are willing to accept on the tiles going back.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I had a similar job done on my roof. The builders were quite careful with the tiles but a lot were missing the raised squares of clay that hook onto the battens. Fortunately I had demolished the corn store building which had the same type of tiles. Some others were not salvageable because the ridge tiles were mortared in with mortar harder than the tiles.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

stargate1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

A good alternative to tiles is "cserepeslemez".. These are sheets of metal roofing moulded to replicate tiles. I have them on my roofs. Its cheap, easy to install and carries a 30 year guarantee, Oh and it looks really good too. Its really worth a look !.. Check out these links..

Cserepeslemez - Element magyar cserepeslemezek | Tesz-97 Kft.

Cserepeslemez 990ft-tól és trapézlemez 990ft-tól

https://www.google.hu/search?q=csere...sAQIUA&dpr=0.9
Old Aug 1st 2016, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

GBA77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for that. Yeah I like that. Looks good.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stargate1234
A good alternative to tiles is "cserepeslemez".. These are sheets of metal roofing moulded to replicate tiles. I have them on my roofs. Its cheap, easy to install and carries a 30 year guarantee, Oh and it looks really good too. Its really worth a look !.. Check out these links..

Cserepeslemez - Element magyar cserepeslemezek | Tesz-97 Kft.

Cserepeslemez 990ft-tól és trapézlemez 990ft-tól

https://www.google.hu/search?q=csere...sAQIUA&dpr=0.9
Do these make the house hot in summer?
Old Aug 1st 2016, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by enter
Do these make the house hot in summer?
Any attic space will be hot in a Hungarian summer. This is why old houses have up to 6 inches of earth on the ceilings/attic floor and modern houses have modern insulation, one or other is necessary, preferably modern glass or rock wool as they are better insulators.

The roof panels suggested above can be noisy with heavy rain or hail both of which happen in the summer here
Old Aug 1st 2016, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

stargate1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not so ..Peter-in-hungary. The roof space is insulated in exactly the same way as a normal roof. The panels do get hot , but so do tiles. You can buy the 'Sandwich' panels which are already insulated panels and you just install them...These are not noisey.
Noise between cserepeslemez and tiles is minimal. I too worried about this when I had mine done. I have two flat roof outbuildings with this roof type on , they are uninsulated so these can be noisey, but nothing to worry about. A 45 degree roof is not a problem..

The roof can be hot in summer with ordinary tiles too.

Insulate properly for summer and winter....

Last edited by stargate1234; Aug 1st 2016 at 1:46 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stargate1234
Not so ..Peter-in-hungary. The roof space is insulated in exactly the same way as a normal roof. The panels do get hot , but so do tiles. You can buy the 'Sandwich' panels which are already insulated panels and you just install them...These are not noisey.
Noise between cserepeslemez and tiles is minimal. I too worried about this when I had mine done. I have two flat roof outbuildings with this roof type on , they are uninsulated so these can be noisey, but nothing to worry about. A 45 degree roof is not a problem..

The roof can be hot in summer with ordinary tiles too.

Insulate properly for summer and winter....
What I said was

Any attic space will be hot in a Hungarian summer.

Insulation keeps the heat in the attic, sometimes this insulation is on the attic floor sometimes this is between the rafters if the roof space is built in. Insufficient insulation in either place will allow heat from the roof covering into the living area.

And yes a tile roof will also give a hot attic space

In my experience these panels are noisier than tiles but the noise is attenuated by good insulation either on the attic floor or between the rafters if the attic space is built in. (current regs require 20cm of insulation but not many houses have that much)
Old Aug 10th 2016, 9:34 am
Just Joined

jdbm1959 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lulu122
it includes new felt, battens, gutters but using the same tiles..
hi.
we are having our 2 semi-detached single storey (old school roofs) one bed cottages (each c40sqm) converted into a single residence. Complete new roof on both, concrete crown, new beams, batons, foil, 4 dormer windows, insulation, plasterboard, plaster skim, new guttering, re-use old tiles but need 500+ extra. Total internal gutting and reconfiguration, knock through to join, new attic bedroom with stairs. new water and heating pipes, radiators and wiring throughout. New bathroom (inc all sanitary ware) and bespoke kitchen exc white goods, new concrete screed with floor tiles and wooden flooring plus internal doors. full internal and external re-decoration. External rendering. All labour, rubbish removal and clearing up and repair to garden where all rubbish and materials was stacked/stored/mixed. Total price HUF 8m. seemed quite fair.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.