Expat meetings

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

bronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant future
Default Expat meetings

i am in the process of building a house in gyenesdias and after reading the blogs i was wondering if there will be any meetings coming up around the keszthely vicinity in the week starting monday 7th december. i will be on my own, seeing to house stuff and this will give me a chance to meet some other brits there since my hubby dosent speak hungarian.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 7:02 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: meetings in keszthely

Hi Bronty and welcome to the forum, there is an expat meet in your village on the second Tuesday of every month. I know they are skipping a couple of meetings over the winter but I can't remember if it is December/January or January/February. I will check for you and let you know.

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Nov 3rd 2010 at 7:12 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Rogaro is just really niceRogaro is just really niceRogaro is just really niceRogaro is just really niceRogaro is just really niceRogaro is just really niceRogaro is just really niceRogaro is just really nice

Originally Posted by bronty
i am in the process of building a house in gyenesdias and after reading the blogs i was wondering if there will be any meetings coming up around the keszthely vicinity in the week starting monday 7th december. i will be on my own, seeing to house stuff and this will give me a chance to meet some other brits there since my hubby dosent speak hungarian.
Hi I'm also a (very) new member; having just seen and joined. I am living in Gyenesdiás (since 2005) and have a home here. So also interested in any local meetings and clubs. I do speak some Hungarian but want to integrate more. So any news is welcome
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:35 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rogaro and welcome to the BE forums

Should you or Bronty need any help or have any questions whilst using the forums, you might like to visit the Welcome Inn for lots of useful information on using the site.
If you need any assistance, there are always moderators and concierges about who are more than happy to help, I am the concierge for the Hungarian forum and you can contact me here

The meetings are organised by a lovely chap, Brian, from Balatonszentgyorgy. The next meeting is on Tuesday the 9th of November and then the second Tuesday in December. To the best of my knowledge, there is no meeting in January or February.

We should hopefully be at both meetings and look forward to seeing you there if you decide to go.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough
Default Expat meeting

Can anyone tell me when and where the next Britishexpat meeting is?

Thanks

Klarika
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:42 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Default Re: Expat meetings

I merged your post as there is already a thread discussing the expat meetings. The next meeting is on the second Tuesday in March at the Campari Bar.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks where is the Campari bar?
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:38 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Check out www.balatonbritons.com - looks like the next meeting is on Tuesday 8th March. The Campari is on the main road.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:40 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Head out of Keszthely, past McDonalds, at the roundabout go straight ahead for a few hundred yards, there is a set of lights just before or after the bar (can't remember). There is a car park opposite the bar.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
Check out www.balatonbritons.com - looks like the next meeting is on Tuesday 8th March. The Campari is on the main road.
Thanks John