Reload this Page >

Estate Agents Lake Balaton

Estate Agents Lake Balaton

Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:39 am
Just Joined

eastcliff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Estate agents lake balaton

Hi all,
Would be grateful for details of good estate agents, in Keszthely, Badacscony, Balatonfured or Balatonalmadi, as well as the ones to avoid.

Would also appreciate opinions on the nicest locations on the North side of Lake Balaton with the best views of the lakes.

I am looking for a plot of land or a "do it upper"

Any suggestions appreciated, many thanks
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estate agents lake balaton

Welcome to the forums Eastcliff
Old Jan 10th 2010, 11:22 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estate agents lake balaton

Hi Eastcliff and good luck in your search for a property.

Regards estate agents, I would look at the local agents even if its just to get a feel for the prices. I'm not sure if posting this link is allowed but hopefully it will be okay as I have no connection with the site:

http://ingatlan.com/

I believe when searching by price in Euros, it is +- 3,000 but if I remember correctly, I searched in HUF as this produced more properties, it may have changed by now though.

My best advise would be to do your research thoroughly, some agents targeting non Hungarians have hugely inflated prices, so shop around. If possible, spend some time at the lake and see which area you prefer, drive about if you can as there are Elado (for sale) signs on land and houses everywhere you look, take the number and hire a translator to call them for you. Then visit the local agents, if they don't speak English, again hire a translator for a few hours, it could save you money in the long run. I have spoken to several Brits now who when asked how much they paid for their property, follow the answer with "I know we were ripped off!"

PS: the North side is beautiful, good luck.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough
Default house hunting around lake Balaton 18th Oc

Hi we are going to be in Lake Balaton around the 18th Oct house hunting.
Can anyone recommend any good estate agents I have contacted several but they don´t seem to respond. We are looking around the Balaton region or surrounding areas. Also would love to meet up with anyexpats if around we are there for 2 weeks.

Klarika
Old Oct 8th 2010, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Shotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: house hunting around lake Balaton 18th Oc

"Can anyone recommend any good estate agents I have contacted several but they don´t seem to respond."

In my experience, this seems to be the norm in Hungary.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 6:06 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Klarika, as stated, this is typical - moreso if you are not currently in the country.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

hotpot will become famous soon enoughhotpot will become famous soon enough

there are so many estate agents around the lake it is very hard to recomend one as we dont know the area you would prefer.

just take your time and dont rush anything. make sure you could live in the area you choose.

i will send you a PM with our address if you would like to pop in for coffee and chat.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Ester J has a brilliant futureEster J has a brilliant futureEster J has a brilliant futureEster J has a brilliant futureEster J has a brilliant futureEster J has a brilliant futureEster J has a brilliant futureEster J has a brilliant future

Hello Klarika, the best thing what you can do is to go by yourself to the owners from a house that you like..if there is standing Elado on it than it is for sale, this will safe you a lot of money

Ester J
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Hello Klarika

I think Ester is right. In our experience we chose GLM arranging a viewing visit from England and we had a fair deal (bought property), they are very good at showing you around , provide free accomodation and in our experience are very nice people, they took us out for a day trip to Budapest, the after service when money has been paid, they do not carry out their promise of good after sales service, so buyer beware. All the best on your search, all are here to help if we can.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 8:15 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hmm GLM, the bane of many an expats life Richard. I have a friend who paid for work to be done over a year ago and they are still waiting, emails go unanswered.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Guy´s

love this forum everyone I have had contact with has been so helpful.
Anyway back to my house hunting. We are driving from Spain on Saturday and hopefully will be at my aunts in Balatonbereny on Monday.
Then it all begins (excited really) I too have looked at loads of agencies some been helpful others don´t even bother getting back.
Hopefully we will over our 2 week stay find something if not I will be very grown up about it and cry my eyes out LOL

Carol
Old Oct 14th 2010, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

hotpot will become famous soon enoughhotpot will become famous soon enough

carol you are the next town to us so aunt should direct you to us.
don't cry i know you will find something.

you have a good garage where your aunt lives.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 12:29 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Good luck driving over Carol. See you when you arrive
Old Oct 15th 2010, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough

Hi Carol
We used Capital 99 - Laszlo Kosmar who is in Keszthely - he speaks English and has been very helpful to us - if you want telephone number let me know and I will look it out for you - we are not far from you in Zalavar and are in Hungary from Tuesday - but have no internet in Hungary.
Jenny
Old Oct 15th 2010, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jenny,
Thanks for the mail.
Yes if you could let me have his number I would appreciate it the more we see the better.
Think we will be arriving in Hungary on Monday so will be without interent too unless find a internet cafe somewhere. Do you live in Hungary?

Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.