Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Electrical Equip

Electrical Equip

Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough
Default Electrical Equip

Is electircal Equipment ie, washing machine, TV, ect, expensive in Hungary?

klarika
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Electrical Equip

Hello Klarika

Limited knowledge here but we have found that white goods are about the same as England @ full price, some cheaper some dearer depends on make size. TV's are dearer we think (flat screens) but old analogue can be quite cheap. Tesco's seem good value, we are in South west of lake balaton. We havent come across any Argos type of retailers, microwaves about £40 hoovers from about £40 fridge freezers about £240 washing machines £200 (all ish prices) , small radio £12 etc etc. Shop around is the best advice unless anyone else knows of better places. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Electrical Equip

Thanks for reply.
I was wondering would TV from Spain work over there?we also have the sky box and card

klarika
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:02 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Klarika, TV shouldn't be a problem, our UK TV works fine. We use the internet for British TV but I know of a few expats who brought their Sky boxes and cards from Spain and they have someone renew them (or whatever it is that's needs done) once a year.

As Richard says, electrical equipment is much the same price as in the UK, though we noticed that you tend to pay the same price for older models
Some of the things we have found to be slightly cheaper are: petrol strimmers, lawnmowers, computer monitors, laptops and cameras but you do need to shop around as there can be huge differences between stores, especially if one has a special on. Best places are Mediamart, Tesco and Euronics.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:48 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Klarika, I have sent you a PM
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

hotpot will become famous soon enoughhotpot will become famous soon enough

hi klarika

with a sky box and card we can get ITV,C4,C4+1,C5 And fiver with fiver+1. sky news and bbc news. plus all the channels you flick through but dont watch very often. plus through bbc news via the red button you can get all the sport that is shown on bbc1 and 2. this is all free sat on a 1m dish
for bbc you need a 2.4 m dish.
we also subscribe to UPC and get about 14 channels in english and 8 sports channels some english some hungarian but that suits us fine as we love our sport. this costs us £13 a month.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 8:46 am
Just Joined

tmbp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hotpot
hi klarika

with a sky box and card we can get ITV,C4,C4+1,C5 And fiver with fiver+1. sky news and bbc news. plus all the channels you flick through but dont watch very often. plus through bbc news via the red button you can get all the sport that is shown on bbc1 and 2. this is all free sat on a 1m dish
for bbc you need a 2.4 m dish.
we also subscribe to UPC and get about 14 channels in english and 8 sports channels some english some hungarian but that suits us fine as we love our sport. this costs us £13 a month.
Hello Hotpot.
I would really like to ask where you found the 2.4 m dish? I am having a great deal of trouble to locate one.
Do you still have your 2.4m dish?
Thanks,
Tom.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

hi tmbp

welcome to the forum.

all the programs i mentioned are off a very small dish.
we have got a 2.4m dish but it is not a good one its a fortec star we got from the uk.
we did get it up but hubby hated the size it was and the room it took up.
we must have tried for over 20 hours to tune the thing into the right satilite and after hubby let it slip and it pinned me to a wall the b******* thing got dismantled and is now in the shed with a for sale notice on it.

if i can be of more help let me know
Old Aug 10th 2010, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

tmbp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hotpot
hi tmbp

welcome to the forum.

all the programs i mentioned are off a very small dish.
we have got a 2.4m dish but it is not a good one its a fortec star we got from the uk.
we did get it up but hubby hated the size it was and the room it took up.
we must have tried for over 20 hours to tune the thing into the right satilite and after hubby let it slip and it pinned me to a wall the b******* thing got dismantled and is now in the shed with a for sale notice on it.

if i can be of more help let me know
Hi Hotpot,
I may be interested - if it really has a for sale notice on it. I already have a 1.8m dish, and would really like to try a bigger one, we have plenty of space where we live.....pm me if you are interested....
thanks, Tom.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

sent you a PM thbp
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

bronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant future

Hi Tmbp
I've been reading the previous threads and replies. Did you buy a 2.4m dish and does it work?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:21 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klarika
Thanks for reply.
I was wondering would TV from Spain work over there?we also have the sky box and card

klarika
I use a Spanish Tv no problems