Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Dog registration form

Dog registration form

Old Feb 26th 2015, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dog registration form

Have been sent a form to fill in with details of our dog. Have managed with most of it except one thing. Can some one please translate this for me?

a veszettség szempontjából aggályos eb megfigyelési státuszának ténye

Thanks
Old Feb 26th 2015, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog registration form

a veszettség szempontjából aggályos eb megfigyelési státuszának ténye
the translation is:
the fact of the observation status of the dog which is of concern with respect to rabies
(this could mean was the dog observed for rabies symptoms - what is the status of the observation) the Hungarian is no clearer
Old Feb 26th 2015, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Can't make head nor tail of it! Think I will leave it blank
Old Feb 27th 2015, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Is it just asking for the status of the last rabies vaccination?
Old Feb 27th 2015, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollypaprika
Is it just asking for the status of the last rabies vaccination?
That's what I was thinking because by law all dogs have to vaccinated yearly. Failure to do so can incur a fine and the dog being placed in quarantine for 15 days.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sachina
That's what I was thinking because by law all dogs have to vaccinated yearly. Failure to do so can incur a fine and the dog being placed in quarantine for 15 days.
Do you know what the situation is if the dog is already covered by rabies by a EU Pet Passport Sachina?
Old Feb 27th 2015, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

The pet passport is the official record of vaccinations so you use it to check when the next one is due and you also show it to police etc as proof that your dog is legal.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fidobsa
The pet passport is the official record of vaccinations so you use it to check when the next one is due and you also show it to police etc as proof that your dog is legal.
Yes, but in the UK the rabies vaccination for the pet passport is every 3 years, not every one year.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

It is not a big deal to take the dog to the vet once a year, get the jab and a record in the passport and it could save you a lot of hassle with the authorities.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 11:38 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but in the UK the rabies vaccination for the pet passport is every 3 years, not every one year.
I would get it done locally once a year, the vet will give you a card and sign it to prove it's up to date. Many of the smaller villages have a vet come round once a year but in your village, I would assume that you will have to visit the vet.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
I would get it done locally once a year, the vet will give you a card and sign it to prove it's up to date. Many of the smaller villages have a vet come round once a year but in your village, I would assume that you will have to visit the vet.
We have a service which comes round once a year too. My vet has seen my dog's passport and it clearly states that the vaccination she had is valid for 3 years. The trouble is my dog reacts badly to the vaccine, I suspect a form 'rabies miosis'. Personally, I don't agree with over vaccinating dogs, of course it depends on the laws in the jurisdiction the dog is 'resident' but it should also depend on age and health etc of the dog.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 3:11 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

We have a service which comes round once a year too. My vet has seen my dog's passport and it clearly states that the vaccination she had is valid for 3 years. The trouble is my dog reacts badly to the vaccine, I suspect a form 'rabies miosis'. Personally, I don't agree with over vaccinating dogs, of course it depends on the laws in the jurisdiction the dog is 'resident' but it should also depend on age and health etc of the dog.

Excellent service, I thought it was only the smaller villages that the vets went to. I have never given much thought to it and wonder if the three year vaccine would be accepted in place of the yearly one. You would imagine so as either way, they are vaccinated? Sorry to hear yours reacts and ideally the three year vaccine would be the better option for you.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Excellent service, I thought it was only the smaller villages that the vets went to. I have never given much thought to it and wonder if the three year vaccine would be accepted in place of the yearly one. You would imagine so as either way, they are vaccinated? Sorry to hear yours reacts and ideally the three year vaccine would be the better option for you.
Yes, 3 years is better for our dog. She was a working dog so had lots of vaccinations before we got her which has led to her over reaction now. Plus, she is a UK citizen with a UK passport. ;-)
Old Feb 28th 2015, 3:18 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Yes, 3 years is better for our dog. She was a working dog so had lots of vaccinations before we got her which has led to her over reaction now. Plus, she is a UK citizen with a UK passport. ;-)
Oh bless her, I once had a cat that reacted to most flea products, it was horrid. Haha, never thought about that but I guess my dog and the cats are Hungarian citizens as they have Hungarian passports.

Hopefully Cathy will update on how she got on and any documents she had to produce.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hopefully Cathy will update on how she got on and any documents she had to produce.
I had those forms come through about a year or so ago and completed them for my Hungarian dog (who sadly has since passed away). I don't think they come round and give you hassle if you don't fill them in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.