Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Dentists in Hungary

Dentists in Hungary

Old May 30th 2010, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

JohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura about
Default Dentists in Hungary

I've been hearing rumours that the cost of having dental work done is very reasonable. Has anyone experience with dentists in Hungary? I think in my case i would be looking at cosmetic dentistry or orthodontics. Thanks for any help.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 12:36 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dentists in Hungary

Yes I have had treatment from an excellent dentist, a Mr Orban in Tapolca. It was better than my former UK dentist & much cheaper. Sadly he doesn't speak English & I was helped by a friend / translator.

There are certainly other dentists about in Hungarey who advertsise that they can use english

Regards

John
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Shotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JohnD63
I've been hearing rumours that the cost of having dental work done is very reasonable. Has anyone experience with dentists in Hungary? I think in my case i would be looking at cosmetic dentistry or orthodontics. Thanks for any help.
Professor Dr Janos Szabo in Heviz.

Had major dental work done by Prof. Szabo a couple of years ago. Now my teeth are wonderful. He speaks English. Would recommend him anytime.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shotgun
Professor Dr Janos Szabo in Heviz.

Had major dental work done by Prof. Szabo a couple of years ago. Now my teeth are wonderful. He speaks English. Would recommend him anytime.

I also had major work done by Dr. Szabo in 2006.
He did a fantastic job...... at a fraction of the US or UK price.
He speaks good English.... his practice is spotless clean.... couldn't have wished for better service!

He is at Heviz, which is at Balaton. We flew in to Balaton airport, and Dr Szabo arranged to have us picked up from the airport.
He will also arrange very reasonable accommodation if necessary.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

JohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura about

Sorry i didn't reply sooner, thanks for the info
Old Dec 12th 2010, 11:06 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I just wanted to resurrect this post as I am now a fully fledged member of the "Hungarian dental treatment" club

To say I have a phobia of dentists is putting it mildly and over the past couple of weeks, I have been suffering horrendously with toothache. Finally, deciding I had to do something about it seeing as it had gotten to the point of not being to concentrate or focus on anything but the pain, I ran a search for Dr Szabo. This brought up a Trip Advisor post which advised not using the dentist mentioned (Dr Szabo - I believe) as they are a butcher, it could be a different dentist they are referring to as some of the posts had been removed but Dr Szabo was the only dentist referenced in the post. So I decided not to take the chance and found a dentist in Zalaegerszeg, speaks perfect English, cheaper than the Heviz and Keszthely dentists, latest equipment and a clean modern clinic.
I wish the Trip Advisor post was clearer as I would hate to think that Dr Szabo is gaining a bad reputation through no fault of their own hmmmm.
Old Dec 12th 2010, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Shotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the rough

Rural

I have also just run a search for Dr Szabo and didn't find anything untoward about him. Was the thread on Tripadvisor the one that mentioned not using a hotel based dentist?

Dr Szabo does not operate from a hotel.

I had major treatment by him about three years ago, and have nothing but praise for him. He speaks very good English.
Old Dec 12th 2010, 6:05 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shotgun, yes that was the one and searching further, I came to believe that Dr Szabo had clinics in two hotels as well as their main practise. Or that could simply be a third party site offering other services in clinics - all rather confusing...
The thread on Tripadvisor did not make it all clear who it was referring to, to the extent that I decided not to risk it and travelled a further 10 miles to another dentist. It would be great if someone on the Tripadvisor thread could clarify whether it is referring to Dr Szabo's clinic or another dentist who has since been removed from the thread!

It might be worth Dr Szoba contacting Tripadvisor as I am sure others searching might come to a similar conclusion - I know for someone who has a phobia of dentists, when the word butcher is mentioned in the same sentence, the tendency is to run a mile!
Old Dec 12th 2010, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Rural

I wasn't Dr Szabo refered to in the aforementioned thread. I sent her (the poster) a message asking her.
I have sent you an PM with details of her answer.

Season's greetings,

Shotgun

Last edited by Shotgun; Dec 12th 2010 at 9:28 pm. Reason: Clarification
Old Dec 13th 2010, 1:46 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Thanks Shotgun, much appreciated. I will probably give them a try in the near future as they are closer. That said, the other one I found has several English speaking dentists (including the one who does the fillings and polishing), is cheaper and has a limitless supply of Cappuccino, Mocha and Hot Chocolate - free of charge! Decisions, decisions

I will update soon as I need a filling replaced and may well opt for the closer option.

Thanks again
Old Dec 14th 2010, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough

Hello

Could someone give me the details of this Dr Janos Szabo, please? We don't need a dentist as of yet but sooner or later we will and would be great if we had a dentist to go to who is good and speaks English as well.

Thank you all.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 9:59 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Ria, I visited the website above and can not work out whether appointments for Brits are dealt with via a third party as a UK number is listed - could be an answering service?

The direct number appears to be
+36 (0)83 340 141

I will let you know how I get on if I decide to use them. If it is for more than a filling, a trip to Zalaegerszeg might be worth considering as they are less expensive and by their own admission, they are the most expensive in Zalaegerszeg. Alternativley, source a local dentist as the Heviz dentists cater to the dental tourism and are therefore a bit more expensive.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hi Ria, I visited the website above and can not work out whether appointments for Brits are dealt with via a third party as a UK number is listed - could be an answering service?

The direct number appears to be
+36 (0)83 340 141

I will let you know how I get on if I decide to use them. If it is for more than a filling, a trip to Zalaegerszeg might be worth considering as they are less expensive and by their own admission, they are the most expensive in Zalaegerszeg. Alternativley, source a local dentist as the Heviz dentists cater to the dental tourism and are therefore a bit more expensive.

Dr Szabo is in Heviz. He has a contact in London now, who can make arrangements for you.
His prices are very reasonable, and his work is wonderful!
He's very highly qualified, an ex professor, teaching dentistry ay university for many years.
I'm living in the USA now (was living in the UK when I went to Dr Szabo) and I don't find USA dentists anywhere as good as Dr Szabo.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Budapest Brit will become famous soon enoughBudapest Brit will become famous soon enough

anyone got good dentist recommendations in Budapest? Heviz is a bit far for a check-up
Old Feb 13th 2011, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Rural,

Do you have the telephone number for the dentist in Zala?

Thanks

Klarika

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.