Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Dairy Free Products

Dairy Free Products

Old Mar 22nd 2015, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dairy Free Products

Is it easy to find dairy free products in Hungary? Since returning from Hungary last year I've had to cut out dairy products from my diet.

PS - not sure if I posted something similar here before and can't find it, hence, a new posting!
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dairy Free Products

You won't always get what you want in the village shops but you should manage OK in the towns. I had a guest who used soya milk and she managed to get it OK. The other day I bought a carton of sour cream which turned out to be a vegan version. Obviously there are plenty of butter substitutes that are non dairy. On bread I use Delma egy csipetnyi soval because it is about the only one that contains salt. There is no mention of milk in the ingredients but you would need to ask a Hungarian to check properly.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the first thing for me to do on arrival is to get myself down to Auchan but alas, it will be a Sunday so it won't be open! Still, I'm sure my parents-in-law will find something. Atleast I will have a hire car to drive to wherever something is available.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 9:06 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Auchan or Tesco should have dairy free ranges though probably not as wide a range as in the UK.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment in Auchan on my side of Miskolc there's a good selection of "non dairy" milk and Bio Health foods. In "my" Auchan they're located next to the fresh veggie section so I'm assuming the layout in "your" Auchan will be similar ... or is that hoping for too much?

If you let me know what you're looking for I don't mind making a trip over to the other side of town and reporting back on what I can find .... now that's an offer you can't refuse!
Old Mar 26th 2015, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sachina
At the moment in Auchan on my side of Miskolc there's a good selection of "non dairy" milk and Bio Health foods. In "my" Auchan they're located next to the fresh veggie section so I'm assuming the layout in "your" Auchan will be similar ... or is that hoping for too much?

If you let me know what you're looking for I don't mind making a trip over to the other side of town and reporting back on what I can find .... now that's an offer you can't refuse!
Thanks Sachina for offering to do a reccie to find out about non-dairy milk, etc. I'm sure the Auchan in south Miskolc is similar to the one on your side of Miskolc. I will have a chat with my wife before we come over but I'm sure her mother and sister are already aware and probably got a few things lined up .....
Old Mar 29th 2015, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd let you know that this morning (Sunday) when I took the dogs for training in Miskolc, Auchan was open and so was every Penny Market we passed ... Spar and the Co-op were closed. Don't know about Tesco as it's not on the route we take.