Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Confused - Where to start?

Confused - Where to start?

Old Jan 27th 2011, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Hunglish is just really niceHunglish is just really niceHunglish is just really niceHunglish is just really niceHunglish is just really niceHunglish is just really niceHunglish is just really niceHunglish is just really nice
Default Confused - Where to start?

Hello All,

I am moving from England to Hungary. I have been travelling between the 2 countries for almost 18 months now, but have done nothing to prepare for the permanent move to Hungary.

I am currently self-employed as a director of my own Ltd company in the UK. I work for a Hungarian Company and charge them for my services via invoice each month.

From April I intend to close my company and become an employee at the company I now work at here in Hungary.

Also I intend to get married in September, to a Hungarian Girl, in Hungary and set-up home here.

Although I have many friends/colleagues and a Fiancee, the information I am recieving is conflicting to say the least. Does anybody have a simple (if its possible here) 'To Do' list?

I currently also stay in a company provided house, so have no registered address as yet either.

I understand I will/may need...

A registered address, bank account, address card, resident card, tax number and maybe more. Thats before planning a wedding, which i understand will also include a lot more requirements before i can legally do this.

But whats first?

long question I know, but any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused - Where to start?

I can't help with your questions but good luck with everything anyway. I'm also planning to move to Hungary in the next few months.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Congratulations on the wedding front, as far as everthing else is concerned I would say just get here first and do 1 thing at a time it does all come together I promise but trying to sort out all at once just gets you in a big panic.

Klarika
Old Jan 28th 2011, 5:33 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klarika
Congratulations on the wedding front, as far as everthing else is concerned I would say just get here first and do 1 thing at a time it does all come together I promise but trying to sort out all at once just gets you in a big panic.

Klarika
Yes I have to agree, don't be scared it all comes together easily, the very best of luck to you
Old Jan 29th 2011, 5:13 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Your first decision will be whether you are going to apply for residency before closing your company or after taking up employment with the Hungarian company. The later may be the easier option as you can then prove employment within Hungary and residency should not be a problem. Will the company provide health insurance or will you be paying into the Hungarian system?

Before leaving, compile as much documentation as you can, it will save you having to post forms back and forward one here. Along with the obvious documents such as your passport bring with you; recent bank statements, proof of income, national insurance payments, birth certificate and if applicable-divorce certificate.

Hope this helps