Cider

Old Sep 27th 2015, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cider

As any one maid Cider??? As next season I have acquired a large amount of Apples mostly desert one's I have the press and can get hold of 150lte.oak barrels ok it's just what to add too to convert to Drinking Quilt and if available over here as to ship over here is costly any help appreciated digger47 ps I am T Total till I try it
Old Sep 29th 2015, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cider

Have you looked on Youtube? There are a few videos such as this:

Old Sep 29th 2015, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by digger47
As any one maid Cider??? As next season I have acquired a large amount of Apples mostly desert one's I have the press and can get hold of 150lte.oak barrels ok it's just what to add too to convert to Drinking Quilt and if available over here as to ship over here is costly any help appreciated digger47 ps I am T Total till I try it
Making cider is not much different to making wine. You will have to grate the apples (the smaller the better) and then press them. If it is a wine press you have then it will struggle with the apples. the trick is to increase the pressure, let the whole lot rest until the juice almost stops and then increase the pressure again, continue with this until you get bored or you consider you have enough juice out. Once you have the juice add some yeast designed for wine and fruit and treat as for wine making. Alternatively grate the apples, put the whole lot in a plastic barrel or 2 add the yeast mentioned above and ferment until done. Then take the whole lot to the local palinka distiller and have it converted into palinka. If you do this it is best to have at least 200lts, that way you will get yours individually distilled and not mixed in a batch with others, at least that is what happens around here.
Old Sep 30th 2015, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for both reply's I am trying to achieve Scrumpy Cider Youtube as give a lot of information that at start gravity between 1045 to 1050 ph 4 temperature 18 to 24 cells. As yeasts can be killed off if outside this parameter this process about 2 weeks until gravity is stable then transfer to storage barrels in Pince New frame for pressing using 30cm. Plastic pipe drilling hols to drain of and a 5 ton. Hydraulic jack to press out juice so cheap 300lt. Rainwater tub's at start then transferred to Oak Barrels am lost on whether it will store ok and the end quality digger47
Old Oct 6th 2015, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting article in today's "Herald" about the revival of the ancient art of Cider-making in the West of Scotland. Google Herald Scotland 6 October 2015 and you may find it.
Here -
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1...ple_donations/

Last edited by scot47; Oct 6th 2015 at 12:16 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scot47
Interesting article in today's "Herald" about the revival of the ancient art of Cider-making in the West of Scotland. Google Herald Scotland 6 October 2015 and you may find it.
Here -
Cider maker serves up a scrumpy-licious urban brew from apple donations (From Herald Scotland)
Thanks Scot47 reading this article takes me back when I was working in Erskine in the early 70s and lodging at Sally Army yes I think Cider is easier than converted grapes into a decent drinking quality I just finished harvesting the grapes about 250kg. But giving away to someone who knows what to do with the grapes. So I now nearly ready to session ends shutdown will have moor time to study for next year's project thanks digger47