Well water

Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

Azarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud of
Default Well water

Ok, I'm not in Hungary, but my county in Rom (Mures) has a high Hungarian population so maybe you won't shoot me for posting on your forum

I expect some of you have houses which aren't connected up to a mains water network yet. What kind of set up do you use for connecting your bathroom to the well.

Any recommendations regarding pump/pressure tank brands. What about filters and pressure regulators - how do they fit into the equation?

Koszonom,
Mike
Old Oct 11th 2012, 11:54 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well water

Originally Posted by Azarel
Ok, I'm not in Hungary, but my county in Rom (Mures) has a high Hungarian population so maybe you won't shoot me for posting on your forum

I expect some of you have houses which aren't connected up to a mains water network yet. What kind of set up do you use for connecting your bathroom to the well.

Any recommendations regarding pump/pressure tank brands. What about filters and pressure regulators - how do they fit into the equation?

Koszonom,
Mike
Rarely do you come across Hungarian properties which are not connected to mains. Even if they only have a tap in the garden, they will have access to mains water. The only properties you are likely to find in Hungary that don't have mains water are the weekend houses and few of these are owned by foreigners. One forum user had a bore drilled last year and might be able to help
Old Oct 11th 2012, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Azarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud of

Thanks RH.

I've also got a mains connection, but it's just a tap in the cellar and as it's basically just connection to the village well, it tends to run dry in summer before my well does, therefore I wanted to rig something up so I can use both, depending on the situation. Problem is that there aren't really any proper plumber in the area.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

judybaby is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be interested to know how much it costs to have a bore drilled. Our well was ruined by the previous owners and it's now filled in. The water was not that far down, we think no more than 30 feet.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 10:10 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Azarel
Thanks RH.

I've also got a mains connection, but it's just a tap in the cellar and as it's basically just connection to the village well, it tends to run dry in summer before my well does, therefore I wanted to rig something up so I can use both, depending on the situation. Problem is that there aren't really any proper plumber in the area.
From what I have been told, most of the rural villages used to have a village well system or even a village water tank to feed the village system. I think the majority of these were replaced in the 60's-70's with a mains system though it wouldn't surprise me if some villages in the far South, East and North East still use a village system.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Rural. Our village mains was, I think, only put in a year or so ago and at the moment, villagers seem to just be free to use it without charge.

I've got some guys coming this afternoon to look at the bathroom (or rather, where it'll be) and give me a quote. Hopefully they know something about plumbing, but you know how it is, everyone is an expert in everything here if you're willing to pay them to be so!