Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Help wanted to sort out many problems

Help wanted to sort out many problems

Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help wanted to sort out many problems

I am asking for sum Help to sort out many Problems,

1/ Official Identity Card which gives Present Address this as expired in November 2015 and all so the Address as Changed and may have a Problem over the Address as I have may own address in Patka 8092 close to Szekesfehervar I am assuming, my be a Office there to Change Details?

2/ The Property which I purchased was Zartkert as we no Foreigners can purchase but not sure whether this as a Residence Permit? How can I find out? and If not as a Residence Permit How to Apply for Residence Permit?

As without a Residence Permit I am Sure I can not Renew my Identity Card

3/ Banking which Bank can I open a Account with just with my UK address as I must Sort out Payments for Council Tax Electricity and Water Payments as The Present Arrangement as expired

So with out a New Identity Card and resolving whether the Property as Residence Permit and Banking sorted, I am in a Mess This Happens when unable to be over in Hungary Getting Treatment in the last 2 years and recovering, I shall be over by 2nd week in January thanks any Help received would be Helpful digger47
Old Nov 30th 2017, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help wanted to sort out many problems

Excuse me for saying, but your message is very broken English .

In 1, you say you had a Residency Permit, which expired in Nov 2015. If so, you would know the process and know it is renewable. I am assuming, reading between the lines, that residency permit was given using someone elses address? And that you now want to change the address to your own address in Szekesfehervar? If so, you need to contact your local Immigration Office to 1) renew your residency permit and 2) therefore change your address.

In 2, I would of thought just a passport would of done, but again, check with the immigration office, a solicitor, land registry and/or your local council.

In 3, I opened a bank account with UniCredit with just a passport and final contract of property purchase whereby my solicitor in the meantime set up all my utility bills (in my name); which I gave her permission to do so on my behalf (while I was in the UK). With EDF and other bills you can now set up online payment after registering with them.

In my case my Hungarian girlfriend helped me a lot, so my advise is get yourself a Hungarian at your side.
Old Nov 30th 2017, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Szeged
Excuse me for saying, but your message is very broken English .

In 1, you say you had a Residency Permit, which expired in Nov 2015. If so, you would know the process and know it is renewable. I am assuming, reading between the lines, that residency permit was given using someone elses address? And that you now want to change the address to your own address in Szekesfehervar? If so, you need to contact your local Immigration Office to 1) renew your residency permit and 2) therefore change your address.

In 2, I would of thought just a passport would of done, but again, check with the immigration office, a solicitor, land registry and/or your local council.

In 3, I opened a bank account with UniCredit with just a passport and final contract of property purchase whereby my solicitor in the meantime set up all my utility bills (in my name); which I gave her permission to do so on my behalf (while I was in the UK). With EDF and other bills you can now set up online payment after registering with them.

In my case my Hungarian girlfriend helped me a lot, so my advise is get yourself a Hungarian at your side.
Thanks szeged for responding yes I have maid contact Immigration Office Szekesfehervar using online service and have maid a appointment I have a very good next door neighbor whom as also given His English speaking Solicitor in same Town His Wife as agreed to attend to act as Interpreter not only there but to Help with all other issues The one I am more upset about is change in Land Law for declsearfing Zartkert which ended December 2016 hopping my Solicitor can Help and resolving other matters digger47 I can only apologize for Bad English but being 70 and not in Good Health and never went to School a great Deal I went to "The University of Life" that's Better
Old Nov 30th 2017, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure all will be well. In my experience the system in Hungary works better when you have a native helping you. My HU GF was an absolute gem when I bought my apartment. A lot of red tape avoided. The Hungarian taxman makes me laugh. He ignores a lot of paperwork as long as he gets paid

Unfortunately many "Foreigners" get the same treatment in the UK. My "Foreign" friends have had many problems dealing with rip-off builders, hmrc, getting utility bills set up and so on whereby as soon as I help them, being English, they stop messing my friends around and get paperwork and prices correct all of a sudden. A lot of it can be put down to the language barrier and misinterpretation but a lot of it is also down to scammers and bad companies taking advantage of the "Foreigner".
Old Nov 30th 2017, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks again Szeged yes I had at one time more help as I was married to a Hungarian but separated many years ago and Divorced recently all was amerceable and giving help were ever kneaded in settling all to do with any problems But now I have a new life and re-married things have gone completely pear shaped and Hatred Set in that's way I am in mess, but I am determined now my Health is improving to be in Hungary next year for long stays and regain my lost time over there which I enjoyed thanks again digger47