Reload this Page >

Buying land for motorhome

Buying land for motorhome

Old Sep 21st 2016, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

purplesky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying land for motorhome

Hi,

I have a motor home and I'm wanting to buy a piece of land to put this on to camp. The motor home would be parked up on a long term basis, probably for a few years and will be lived in for a lot of this time. Does anybody know if id have any problems with this arrangement? Is it legal?
Old Sep 21st 2016, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying land for motorhome

National Parks have regulations about caravans i.e.you can't except on proper sites, I suspect this would extend to motor homes.

Will the motor home be road legal all the time? this might make a difference.

You could try asking the Magyar Autóklub www.autoklub.hu (Hungarys car club) or Magyar Camping és Caravanning Club www.mccc.hu
Old Sep 21st 2016, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever problems might arise, and I can imagine a couple, you could presumably avoid them simply by buying a piece of land with a house in need of renovation already on it – not necessarily much more expensive than just the plot – and then parking your motorhome next to the house.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

stargate1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good point from Watchpost. That would solve your Water, sanitation and electric problems all in one. Without these it could be problematic with the local council especially if someone reports you !...
Old Sep 21st 2016, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

purplesky is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I think buying the land with a house is the way to go. At least I'd be paying the council tax that way which isn't a problem.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi purplesky and welcome to the site,
First thing that sticks in my mind, is that you intending to leave the Motor Home hear for sometime, how can you return to UK with out Road Tax and Insurance, other than Register your Motor Camper in Hungary ?.I could offer a solation, consider this I am in UK Undergoing treatment unable to look after my Plot whist away and restricted in the future , with some help I have room for your Motor Home, a hard standing can be achieved, shearing the cost's of utility invoice's. Where am I is 50km from Budapest, Patka is 15km from Székesfehérvári 12km from Lake Valance where train service is back to Budapest and Airport if this interesting to Yourself or any Others send PM digger47