Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Bristol - soon to be Balatonfenyves

Bristol - soon to be Balatonfenyves

Old Oct 6th 2010, 10:40 am
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bristol - soon to be Balatonfenyves

Hi Ria

Sky need a UK address. You can buy a second hand sky box from ebay & then get sky card to match but it all has to be organised from UK address. I have a card that cost me £20 one off payment guaranteed to last for 3 years & that gives all the BBC's, ITV's & others but not the sunscription channels. I supect you can buy the extra subscription channels but it has to be through a UK address & for a Sky Box that is not connected to a phone line (hence buying a box second hand on ebay)

The BBC only comes if you have that huge dish that picks up Astra 2D. I don't. Sounds as though Hotspot has the answer & your Freesat Box should pick up the ITV1, Channel 4 the the 5's so there may be no need to bother with sky at all. Makes life much easier!

All the best

John
Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Hotpot,

You're right about the summer, can't wait.

Still unpacking and trying to sort things out, never realized how much stuff we really had!

Another month or so and we should be there...

Ria
Old Oct 15th 2010, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough

Hello

Thanks so much everyone for the reply on the TV matter. John, I am sorry but didn't see your reply till just now. I was still on page 1!

We've been searching the net for options and found this website: http://www.britishtv24.com/

It's only the basic channels but bbc1, 2 and itv are the ones we are really missing. Has anyone had any experience with this TV stick by any chance? I think I will order one, just waiting for an answer from them first.

Ria