Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Blue Skies at last

Blue Skies at last

Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:09 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Blue Skies at last

Wow isn't the weather lovely this week? It's actually quite warm too.

Is that it now, winter over?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:15 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blue Skies at last

Don't count your chickens Supposed to cool down next week again!
That said, the winter has been very mild this year and the past week has seen the children playing in the garden - in t-shirts! Locals think they're mad......
Old Feb 13th 2011, 6:03 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Don't want to say "told you so" but IT'S SNOWING

Now where's that sledge?
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:01 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Don't want to say "told you so" but IT'S SNOWING

Now where's that sledge?
Blimey, it's just dull and damp this end
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:12 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Your kidding? It should have been your way by now.... It was forecast from Gyors all the way down the West side of the lake. We have a lovely, glistening 3 inch coating of snow here and forecast a lot more tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday - well that's what the MET is saying. My mums here and starting to panic that she might get snowed in
Old Feb 14th 2011, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Well March is here soon so hopefully weather will improve won't it??????
Old Feb 14th 2011, 3:23 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by klarika
Well March is here soon so hopefully weather will improve won't it??????
I'm saying nothing........
Old Feb 27th 2011, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

We have just come back from a week in Hungary (got keys and set up bank accounts etc) And I have to say - I have never been so cold in my life However, even though the lake was frozen over, it was still beautiful and our UK house is on market.....
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Polgardi
We have just come back from a week in Hungary (got keys and set up bank accounts etc) And I have to say - I have never been so cold in my life However, even though the lake was frozen over, it was still beautiful and our UK house is on market.....
Yep, it's freezing again, I should have kept quiet
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I arrived in Hungary yesterday for my house viewing trip and I've been out with Rural Hungary and her family this afternoon. After us getting her Rover stuck on a snow covered hill going back to her place I then faced a fairly long drive back to the hotel but I just about managed it. The irony is that I waited until March as I thought the roads might be dodgy earlier in the year.....
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:35 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

LOL - at least it allowed you to experience the generosity of the local Hungarians. Can't believe our neighbour came out in that to help us and couldn't have managed without the help from the local farmers!

That's the problem here, when it starts snowing it can come hard and fast.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 8:28 pm

Monday was a really warm and sunny spring day, today was bitter cold and with snow
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 8:42 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by anonimouse
today was bitter cold and with snow
You're telling me?

I blame you for it all You tempted fate and look at it now
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:03 am
I bite my thumb at thee

I think we can safely say - winter is now over
Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
I think we can safely say - winter is now over
Hope you're right

Last edited by anonimouse; Mar 10th 2011 at 5:33 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.