Areas of interest for buying

Areas of interest for buying

Old Aug 23rd 2014, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Csaba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Areas of interest for buying

Hi guys
I am a Hungarian guy who lives here in England
for a couple of years and I have loads of friends in Hungary who's got houses and cottages for sale, so I thought I register here and try to help my friends to make the connection beetwen you guys and them. if anyone have any question about Hungary and anything connection to Hungary or wana know something please feel free to do so.

with regards Csaba Kis
Old Aug 23rd 2014, 1:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry, but can't use the BE forum to help your friends sell their homes. They are welcome to use our Classifieds though.

If you are not sure what you can, or can't do, please check out our Site Rules.

Thanks and welcome to BE.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

afletcher30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Feene

Veszprem: Maybe didn't devote enough time to it, but what I saw didn't blow me away.
Was Ok though

Siofok: Was expecting a mini Benidorm but it was actually quite pleasant.
we have just spent a week in Veszprem and I would agree on the face of it not blown away, however it is a University town with all the positive and negative that brings. We found we could cycle off road all the way to Lake Balaton, safely and on well maintained cycle paths. There is a beautiful park and lovely walks down by the river, plenty of lovely childrens playgrounds all in fantastic condition and the old town is very pretty. The towers chiming the hours through the day is also charming. The properties here do seem to be more expensive.

siofok. Glad to hear as we have just bought in Enying, we fell in love with the hills, the woods and the lakes and we are quite happy with solitude as this will be our getaway from our city lives
Old Aug 29th 2014, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by afletcher30
siofok. Glad to hear as we have just bought in Enying, we fell in love with the hills, the woods and the lakes and we are quite happy with solitude as this will be our getaway from our city lives
I think there are a couple of Brits in Enying...did you check out the crime rate there? I am not trying to worry you or anything...just asking. Glad you liked the area, certainly close to the Lake and Enying has lots of amenities.
Old Aug 31st 2014, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

atox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Feene
Siofok: Was expecting a mini Benidorm but it was actually quite pleasant.
If you're planning on buying in a touristic area then it's best to also visit your village at least once during the winter, sometimes the contrast is quite stark.
Old Aug 31st 2014, 8:17 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I once said to a couple looking to buy that if they weren't into sailing or other "lake" activities would they really suddenly acquire an interest in them. Years later they mentioned that to me and said it was absolutely true, they got more for their money away from the lake and yet are close enough to visit if they want to, they also benefit from being in a village which has a "community" and isn't touristy.
Sorry if you're reading this and I misquoted.......
Old Aug 31st 2014, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
I once said to a couple looking to buy that if they weren't into sailing or other "lake" activities would they really suddenly acquire an interest in them. Years later they mentioned that to me and said it was absolutely true, they got more for their money away from the lake and yet are close enough to visit if they want to, they also benefit from being in a village which has a "community" and isn't touristy.
This to the power of 10, we live by the little lake and it is easy enough to get there but live in a wee village with a real community and can go there when we decide to and do not feel overwhelmed when the touristy folk turn up!
Old Sep 1st 2014, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Evie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really nice

Hi Rural, you did give us this advise and haven`t misquoted. I was so keen to be lakeside until then....
Our village has everything we need for day to day living although it`s only about 20 mins from our nearest town. We don`t drive anymore, but buses in the village (which can take us to Lake Balaton) are frequent and, from the bus depot in town, it is easy to get to most places. Also, we have found that it is cheaper (for our needs) to go by taxi on odd occasions than for us to have a car.
Another thing RH suggested we took into account, is that the closer you are to the lake the more tourists there will be.....although this may not be a problem, they do disappear in the winter and so do many shops and amenities .....
Old Sep 1st 2014, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Re Enying - this is not a tourist area....perhaps only for lost tourists....and is far enough away from the Lake not to be overrun in the summer months. It is a fairly large town with many amenities and does not close down in the winter like lakeside resorts. Location wise I would say its good for the Lake, Budapest etc...but it has had a history Veszprém stabbing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Having said that, I would be surprised if there are any places in Hungary which have not had their own issues to deal with.

Last edited by Pollypaprika; Sep 1st 2014 at 8:31 am. Reason: Quoted wrong post.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 10:55 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollypaprika
I remember that, didn't realise it was in Enying though I had heard about the gang element. I know somebody who lives in Enying though he's part and parcel of another ermmm gang (for want of a better word).
Old Sep 1st 2014, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

I remember that, didn't realise it was in Enying though I had heard about the gang element. I know somebody who lives in Enying though he's part and parcel of another ermmm gang (for want of a better word).
The stabbing itself was in Veszprem but the gangs were from Enying. All a terribly tragic affair by the sounds of it.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 11:04 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Evie2
Hi Rural, you did give us this advise and haven`t misquoted. I was so keen to be lakeside until then....
Our village has everything we need for day to day living although it`s only about 20 mins from our nearest town. We don`t drive anymore, but buses in the village (which can take us to Lake Balaton) are frequent and, from the bus depot in town, it is easy to get to most places. Also, we have found that it is cheaper (for our needs) to go by taxi on odd occasions than for us to have a car.
Another thing RH suggested we took into account, is that the closer you are to the lake the more tourists there will be.....although this may not be a problem, they do disappear in the winter and so do many shops and amenities .....
Hello stranger, nice to hear from you

Many people come over looking to buy on or very close to the lakeside and I would say that unless money is no object and you can buy in one of the more residential North side villages then looking to the areas 20-40 minutes North, West or East of the Lake is a better idea and you would be surprised at the number of Brits who have done just that.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 11:26 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Pollypaprika
The stabbing itself was in Veszprem but the gangs were from Enying. All a terribly tragic affair by the sounds of it.

I remember seeing the footage of it on the local news at the time. That's the problem with South of the lake and some other areas, it's hit and miss and unless you know the area or trust the person advising you then you can end up buying somewhere you really do not want to be. Even within a large village there can be some parts which are fine and others that you wouldn't walk down on a Saturday night.
It's tiresome though as even when you advise people, they have agents telling them that's nonsense and the village they are showing them isn't like other areas etc etc. Then you have some agents saying "oh that's only in the gypsy villages, this isn't a gypsy village" whereas it is poverty and lack of opportunities which cause many of the problems and Roma are not the sole perpetrators however, due to discrimination, it is more difficult for Roma to escape poverty and so a cycle of poverty, crime and substance abuse is created.

What gets me is the lying or down right denial that these problems exist
Old Sep 1st 2014, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Latest news for Miskolc!
Demolition of Miskolc Roma ghetto begins - The Budapest Beacon
Although I haven't seen these roma "ghettos" in Miskolc I have seen quite a few badly built houses in the village where my in-laws live belonging to I believe Roma. Some of them hardly have any rendering on the outside.

Sorry if off topic!
Old Sep 1st 2014, 11:48 am
I bite my thumb at thee

I think I best get the sub section set up asap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.