Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Anyone driving to the UK over the weekend?

Anyone driving to the UK over the weekend?

Old Apr 16th 2010, 3:58 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone driving to the UK over the weekend?

Hi, I know it's a long shot but is anyone driving to the UK over the next couple of days? My daughter is due back at university on Monday but due to the ash cloud it looks like her flight will be cancelled. Euroline coaches have no seats until Wednesday.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 9:33 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone driving to the UK over the weekend?

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hi, I know it's a long shot but is anyone driving to the UK over the next couple of days? My daughter is due back at university on Monday but due to the ash cloud it looks like her flight will be cancelled. Euroline coaches have no seats until Wednesday.
Oh dear, this cloud is causing so much trouble at the moment for people all over Europe

No chance on the trains?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 10:17 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Checking on the trains as I type, time consuming though as there is no direct connection. Bus to Amsterdam then the UK is a possibility but won't have her back in time for her project review on Monday!

Fortunately she is at home with us, I really feel for those, especially families, who are stuck at foreign airports. Some real horror stories including expired visas, running out of money, lack of food and water etc....
Old Apr 17th 2010, 11:24 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Checking on the trains as I type, time consuming though as there is no direct connection. Bus to Amsterdam then the UK is a possibility but won't have her back in time for her project review on Monday!

Fortunately she is at home with us, I really feel for those, especially families, who are stuck at foreign airports. Some real horror stories including expired visas, running out of money, lack of food and water etc....
I just discovered that my niece, husband and three kids are stranded in Florida since last Thursday. One of the sons needed to be back for something to do with GCE's next week. They aint too happy at the moment as there is no information from the Flight company, and they are paying for a hotel and food now
Old Apr 17th 2010, 5:09 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I just discovered that my niece, husband and three kids are stranded in Florida since last Thursday.
Oh, really sorry to hear that, it must be so frustrating as there is literally nothing anyone can do, I hope they are eventually compensated for the hotel costs though it seems a bit of a grey area at the moment
We were considering a rowing boat but as Hungary is land locked we wouldn't get very far and my youngest son was planning on building a a multitude of giant fans to blow it away Fortunately, she has just managed to get a lift leaving in the morning and will be back in time for uni on Monday, how lucky was she?