Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

About to purchase :-)

About to purchase :-)

Old May 29th 2013, 7:39 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About to purchase :-)

Originally Posted by gandida
Thanks very much-couldn't find that link for the life of me.
You're welcome, hope the problem gets sorted soon - if not let me know.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

mr87009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just thought I'd give everyone a quick update on what's been going on and ask a question of you knowledgeable people!

We bought the house and renovation is well on it's way. Although we're on a tight budget we've already had the house connected to mains sewage, rewired, 2 internal walls knocked down and another built. New gas pipes and water pipes throughout.

We've sorted the bathroom fittings and lights, but we're struggling with a kitchen. Visited a couple of nice places in Tapolca and Keszthely but they all want silly money (even when compared with the UK). We want a modern fitted kitchen - any recommendations in this area folks?

Cheers,

Matt
Old Jun 1st 2013, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a package of kitchen units from Praktiker and they were not expensive but they were rubbish and they won't sell me an extra wall unit I need. Next time I think I will go to Vienna and look at them there, as the Austrians, like the Germans, are quite fussy about the things they buy for their homes.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

judybaby is an unknown quantity at this point

We bought ours from Ikea. They have a special deal on at the moment where you get 10% of the value of your kitchen back in vouchers. Too late for us but a friend did really well out of it.

They have ready designed small kitchen set ups that are really good value. Obviously being Ikea it is flat packed and you must either pay them a very small amount to pick it off the shelf for you (recommended) or pick it yourself, and then either take it away that day or pay for delivery.

We installed our own kitchen ( a 3 sided affair) last November and I must say the cupboards were really easy to put together, the instructions were really clear.

I'd recommend them anytime.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 7:07 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr87009
Hi all,

Just thought I'd give everyone a quick update on what's been going on and ask a question of you knowledgeable people!

We bought the house and renovation is well on it's way. Although we're on a tight budget we've already had the house connected to mains sewage, rewired, 2 internal walls knocked down and another built. New gas pipes and water pipes throughout.

We've sorted the bathroom fittings and lights, but we're struggling with a kitchen. Visited a couple of nice places in Tapolca and Keszthely but they all want silly money (even when compared with the UK). We want a modern fitted kitchen - any recommendations in this area folks?

Cheers,

Matt
Contact Richardmc, he used a company in Keszthely.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Contact Richardmc, he used a company in Keszthely.
Thanks Rural
Old Jun 5th 2013, 1:54 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Easier said than done I know, but there may be a carpenter in your village who would quote to do the new kitchen for you. We did a small one that way & was no more expensive than IKEA I think & certainly much better than the MDF alternatives in many of the shops. As often, access to a good Hungarian speaker will be required to place the order & agree detail. Local craftsmen are often great & affordable. Good luck with it.

Originally Posted by mr87009
Hi all,

Cheers,

Matt
Old Jun 5th 2013, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
Easier said than done I know, but there may be a carpenter in your village who would quote to do the new kitchen for you. We did a small one that way & was no more expensive than IKEA I think & certainly much better than the MDF alternatives in many of the shops. As often, access to a good Hungarian speaker will be required to place the order & agree detail. Local craftsmen are often great & affordable. Good luck with it.
Funnily enough John that's exactly what's now happened. The carpenter who's replacing some floorboards and other bits is now arranged to build our kitchen too

Had a great, if tiring, few days last week and will be over again next month to purchase some other stuff like washing machine, cooker, fridge/freezer etc. The workmen we have on site seem to be working really hard and certainly the progress seems good.

Matt