Why Not Rent ?

Old Jun 27th 2014, 9:45 am
Just Joined

grandeur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why Not Rent ?

I Don't think there has been any particular increase in rents. This talk of demand from russians is likely to be just to try negotiate a beter rent. In fact I would believe that in many micro markets in goa there is an over supply link in carazalem, panjim. The increased cost if at all may be for specific complexes that have amenities/view that all complexes do not. I have been investing in residential property for sometime in goa and I would agree with many of the comments that irrespective of whether you intend to leave goa or not it is a good time to exit real estate. With rental yields barely at 3% of property value, and no real expectations of appreciation in capital values; unless there is a sudden spurt from mining restarting .. It makes much more commercial sense to rent... In fact it may make sense for goans to sell themselves and rent and put their money where returns are better. I would have done it except that being of goan origin i can give up the hope of someday retiring there... I suspect if one went down the road or to some online forums such as olx and quickr there woild be plenty to choose from and the best way to deal with unreasonable demands for rent increase would be to shift somewhere down the road .. Seems strange why there is difficulty in finding places to rent at market price .. I have a great penthouse and would have been more than be more than happy to have someone who can appreciate lifestyle it offers use it long term .. Including equipping it to the preference of the occupant ..But find no way to connect with such people and am unwilling to risk any riff-raff damaging it.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Why Not Rent ?

Originally Posted by noni
Ready to fly out to Goa - had decided to enjoy this holiday, then have another season from November, on my own to see how things went. Property is not on the market but had a phone call from Goa this afternoon with an excellent offer for the apartment far more than anybody else has achieved
Do I sell, or do I stay - decisions, decisions, decisions?
Our advice Noni would be to sell especially as there are so many new developments being built everywhere and the market will be flooded by next year. If you have received a good offer go for it. You can always come back and rent but the world is a big place and visas are either cheaper or unnecessary in many places to visit. Good luck.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 6:37 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Why Not Rent ?

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Our advice Noni would be to sell especially as there are so many new developments being built everywhere and the market will be flooded by next year. If you have received a good offer go for it. You can always come back and rent but the world is a big place and visas are either cheaper or unnecessary in many places to visit. Good luck.
Noni's post was from February 2013

H.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
Noni's post was from February 2013

H.
Sorry..a bit late I guess. Just shows how often I read the posts!!
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grandeur
I Don't think there has been any particular increase in rents. This talk of demand from russians is likely to be just to try negotiate a beter rent. In fact I would believe that in many micro markets in goa there is an over supply link in carazalem, panjim. The increased cost if at all may be for specific complexes that have amenities/view that all complexes do not. I have been investing in residential property for sometime in goa and I would agree with many of the comments that irrespective of whether you intend to leave goa or not it is a good time to exit real estate. With rental yields barely at 3% of property value, and no real expectations of appreciation in capital values; unless there is a sudden spurt from mining restarting .. It makes much more commercial sense to rent... In fact it may make sense for goans to sell themselves and rent and put their money where returns are better. I would have done it except that being of goan origin i can give up the hope of someday retiring there... I suspect if one went down the road or to some online forums such as olx and quickr there woild be plenty to choose from and the best way to deal with unreasonable demands for rent increase would be to shift somewhere down the road .. Seems strange why there is difficulty in finding places to rent at market price .. I have a great penthouse and would have been more than be more than happy to have someone who can appreciate lifestyle it offers use it long term .. Including equipping it to the preference of the occupant ..But find no way to connect with such people and am unwilling to risk any riff-raff damaging it.
The rental values in and around the Siolim area have soared over the last few years. Many places that we know of have gone up to 40 to 50,000 a month and it is partly due to the Russian market who have flooded the area. You could advertise your apartment online and then make sure you 1. thoroughly check the tenant and 2. have a good property manager who acts on your behalf in Goa.