Why Not Rent ?

Old Feb 11th 2013, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Not Rent ?

Originally Posted by noni
Ready to fly out to Goa - had decided to enjoy this holiday, then have another season from November, on my own to see how things went. Property is not on the market but had a phone call from Goa this afternoon with an excellent offer for the apartment far more than anybody else has achieved
Do I sell, or do I stay - decisions, decisions, decisions?
So very glad you are having your holiday Noni, we are making tentative plans for April/May, hot but mangoes! No decisions we will continue to go for the rest of our active days!! (have to!!)
Old Feb 11th 2013, 7:36 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Ready to fly out to Goa - had decided to enjoy this holiday, then have another season from November, on my own to see how things went. Property is not on the market but had a phone call from Goa this afternoon with an excellent offer for the apartment far more than anybody else has achieved
Thats a tough one, can't comment on the Goa situation having never been, but if you've been thinking of selling anyway and have got a good offer you should seriously consider it.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 2:30 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Listen to your heart and follow your good instincts. Money isn't everything (unless you need it of course).

Have a FAB holiday
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:01 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Yay - Noni's coming to Goa

Re selling.....................why not get here, settle into your holiday, enjoy some sunshine................then decide what you want to do

Dread - x
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:21 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends on what kind of commitment you want to make to that country. If you think you're going to be there for a very long time then having your own place is worth it . You can do what you want to it , bang holes in the walls etc and it doesn't matter . It can also be an investment in the right circumstances .
I built a house in Thailand which I don't own the laws being the way they are, but the way I see it ,whatever happens, my children have a house to call their own . And they can own it too .
Interestingly enough , when we got wiped out by the big flood in 2011 we were staying in the house we rented in BKK . If that property had belonged to us the flood might have affected me more so it goes both ways . Nice to have a place , but worse when it all goes wrong in that place . As it was , we just cleaned it , decorated and fixed the plug sockets .
Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:24 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

"I built a house in Thailand which I don't own the laws being the way they are, but the way I see it ,whatever happens, my children have a house to call their own . And they can own it too . "

What?

Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:27 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
"I built a house in Thailand which I don't own the laws being the way they are, but the way I see it ,whatever happens, my children have a house to call their own . And they can own it too . "

What?

Maybe I should explain that a bit better . I'm from the UK and as such difficult ( not impossible ) for foreigners to own a house . My children have dual nationality so no such restrictions apply.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I still think ownership is not sensible in some situations - like in Goa or anywhere that has restrictions on foreign ownership.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 6:13 pm

For sure , know the risks and make your own judgement . Two sayings in Thailand were :

1)Never invest what you can't afford to lose .

2) The quickest way to make a small fortune in Thailand is to come here with a large fortune .

They probably apply in most places .
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Rental properties - massive price increases !

We are in South Goa and most of our UK friends live in rental properties. The prices being quoted for next season are going all out of proportion as more and more of Putins People are staying for longer periods, one couple who stay near the Hatthi Mahal in modern apartment have been told their price of 25000rs per month is insufficient and the owners have Russians coming in next season who are willing to pay 55000rs per month

Even rental apartments on top of local houses seem to be going up anywhere from 25% - 40% guess ( again) we are not wanted.

Unfortunately as well, as hotel prices have gone up considerably more and more people are looking to rent down here and so the supply and demand has increased

Its coming to something when even beach sellers have better phones than we do these days - have we shot ourselves in the foot or wot !
Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Dont kid your self about rental prices going up out of all proportion against local inflation.You quote 25,000 rps a month which works out at 12,500 each per month for a couple. Our place has A/C telly washing machine and its furnished quite decently plus we have warm water and security guards and for that we have paid 33,000 per month for the last 3 years.....and its only a studio flat with a balcony over looking the fields in Arpora.WE think we have a bargain because it breaks down to roughly 1300 rps a night for both of us. I used to pay 1200 rps a night for a single room 8 years ago without any mod cons at all. shit a meal in a dump like Spice oven for two now costs 800 rps without beer being added.As for the Russians forcing up prices most of the Russians around here couldnt even afford to buy their own vodka, Stolichnaya for 1200 rps in Newtons, they always buy White ( shite) Mischief or that other effluent Old Monk.....The Russians will not stay in Goa for long because they do not have any historical connections like the Brits have.They are just filling a temporary gap mostly due to aggressive selling by tour companies-they will move on just like the Israelis did 8 years ago. Most of them only come once and take one look and head for Thailand and Patia Beach where prostitution, child poronography and the chance to beat up Muslims legally are much better.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
Dont kid your self about rental prices going up out of all proportion against local inflation.You quote 25,000 rps a month which works out at 12,500 each per month for a couple. Our place has A/C telly washing machine and its furnished quite decently plus we have warm water and security guards and for that we have paid 33,000 per month for the last 3 years.....and its only a studio flat with a balcony over looking the fields in Arpora.WE think we have a bargain because it breaks down to roughly 1300 rps a night for both of us. I used to pay 1200 rps a night for a single room 8 years ago without any mod cons at all. shit a meal in a dump like Spice oven for two now costs 800 rps without beer being added.As for the Russians forcing up prices most of the Russians around here couldnt even afford to buy their own vodka, Stolichnaya for 1200 rps in Newtons, they always buy White ( shite) Mischief or that other effluent Old Monk.....The Russians will not stay in Goa for long because they do not have any historical connections like the Brits have.They are just filling a temporary gap mostly due to aggressive selling by tour companies-they will move on just like the Israelis did 8 years ago. Most of them only come once and take one look and head for Thailand and Patia Beach where prostitution, child poronography and the chance to beat up Muslims legally are much better.
Could it be that decent Russians and those with families, are willing (and able) to pay high rents in the south to avoid mixing with their riff-raff compatriots who frequent the north???
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Interesting points from the BOTH of you, we in particular do not like the North ( Calangute etc), but I must say in the Russians defence we have seen a markedly better "class" of Russian down here in the past few years.so I suppose we must be grateful for that- especially where we are tucked away from the hub-bub, with some really nice Goan neighbours.

OBTHW we are Northerners at home in the UK YNWA

Hope to see many of you on Friday !

RofS
Old Feb 5th 2014, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

I too have seen Russian families in Calingute and they are completely different from the shaven headed muscled lumps i have seen around Candolim and Morjam. They look like very nice people although as we have stated lots of times its the language barrier that stops any conversation occurring.My sister hangs around a resort across the road from The Sportsman in Calingute during the day and the Russians seem to seventh heaven there with cheep beer and the wonders of KFC by the bucket and the chicken tikka wraps they serve from the kitchen. i wonder if they have KFC in Russia ? Any one know ? They also seem to go over board for Pizza Land too.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 12:31 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Why Not Rent ?

Originally Posted by Return of Santan
OBTHW we are Northerners at home in the UK YNWA Hope to see many of you on Friday ! RofS
We too will not go to North Goa - we now do what little bit of business we need to via Gregory pecks & recorded delivery - no dramas so far.

Yep, as a "died in the wool northerner" - I can confirm: it's grim up north!

Any hoo - saying Hi! From South West Florida tonight - sun, cloud, a tiny bit of rain - 82 degrees today & $3.69 for a loaf in the supermarket

As always, looking forward to visiting Goa again for Easter.

Regards

H.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.