Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

What's it like living in Goa? -- and race relations there.

What's it like living in Goa? -- and race relations there.

Old May 20th 2014, 1:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's it like living in Goa? -- and race relations there.

As you will see I have merged the two threads simply because they were the exact same conversation happening in two different places.

I think Jordan2377 is over thinking and worrying a little too much & so has become a bit bogged down . For context Jordan2377, I grew up in the UK to an Irish mother & my parents best friends were Germans. That led to a LOT of bother.

No country is without it's bigots. They will be everywhere. The trick is to not dwell on that which you cannot change. Instead, look outward to your own life.

If you feel a pull towards Goa then just give it a go. You may be surprised and happy with the choice. There again it may not suit.

I still think a working holiday visa offers great opportunity to actually experience other countries.
Old May 20th 2014, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What's it like living in Goa? -- and race relations there.

Originally Posted by BEVS
As you will see I have merged the two threads simply because they were the exact same conversation happening in two different places.

I think Jordan2377 is over thinking and worrying a little too much & so has become a bit bogged down . For context Jordan2377, I grew up in the UK to an Irish mother & my parents best friends were Germans. That led to a LOT of bother.

No country is without it's bigots. They will be everywhere. The trick is to not dwell on that which you cannot change. Instead, look outward to your own life.

If you feel a pull towards Goa then just give it a go. You may be surprised and happy with the choice. There again it may not suit.
I still think a working holiday visa offers great opportunity to actually experience other countries.
Well said Bevs. Jordan..stop worrying about how you will fit in and just go for it.
Old May 20th 2014, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's it like living in Goa? -- and race relations there.

What is the OP going to do in Goa ? How will he earn his daily bread ?