Visa problems

Old Dec 28th 2016, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa problems

Just before Christmas i attempted to fill in an on-line section of the visa application that you have to to do in order to pick up your visa on the same day from Goswell Road. Who ever is responsible for the management of the web site has no reality at all concerning computer and computer systems. I tried for 2 hours to fill in the on-line section for a couple of friends and failed abysmally and i have 30 years experience of operating systems and more importantly computer components.I discovered quite by accident from a Canadian source that the web site will only interact if you are using Internet Explorer 8......What about all those people out there using Apple Macs ? Ubuntu ? Has anyone else had problems here in the UK ? It doesnt warn you on the web site to use only IE8. I kept inputting data and then it would freeze on me and as i said it was only by accident that i found out about IE8 only......In the end they used a travel agent down the road who charges £135 for a 6 or 12 month multi entry visa.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa problems

Because of Theresa Mays threat of a ` Hard Brexit ` i downloaded the forms my wife will need to obtain Permanent Residency here in the UK. Its 91 pages long and most of the questions that she has to answer are about me, a British National aged nearly 68! My wife is 63 and a German national, whose father was a policeman in Hamburg and we have no children and at our age is an impossibility unless your in The Rolling Stones.......I shudder to think what the Portuguese Indians are going through in the UK as they await their future at the hands of a right wing Conservative clique in the government.Its heading towards Work and Residency Permits and proving the right to live here in the UK.I have been advised by a close personal friend to get our application in very quick as the office that deals with it will be inundated with applications.We have to send in both our passports, marriage documents and that means i cannot travel anywhere while the application is considered. I think the fee is £65 plus postage.The printing alone of the 91 pages has already cost me £8. I wish i could meet Farage coming out of a pub late at night......
Old Jan 17th 2017, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It is God's wrath on you for consorting with foreigners. Sorry for being flippant but the levels of Xenophobia palpable in the Yookay scare me !
Old Jan 17th 2017, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

They scare me and thats only in my family.....I really do not think that leaving was explained clearly by Farage & Co and what it means exactly. Farage is talking about emigrating to the US because of threats.UKIP are now openly racist under Nutall. At least Farage pretended he wasnt.....It will end up with Identity Cards having to be carried. Strangely i cannot think of any reason why they shouldnt either.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
It is God's wrath on you for consorting with foreigners. Sorry for being flippant but the levels of Xenophobia palpable in the Yookay scare me !
There were many reasons for Brexit as well as border control. The Desi vote was for Brexit in the same proportion. Control of migrant numbers is not necessarily xenophobia!
I used to be scared of the xenophobia on this part of the Forum, those 'dreadful domestic tourists etc.' Self and family would not be comfortable in North Goa!
Haven't noticed any increased bad feeling in UK personally, am in Southall today getting emergency wedding outfit for Mumbai 'do' the day after we land in a couple of weeks----now there's the prejudice!--if I haven't spent enough!

(Just remembered----was told by OP I was not eligible to post on the Goa Forum as our home is 12 miles or so South in Karnataka!! State-a-phobia!)

Last edited by Bipat; Jan 17th 2017 at 3:18 pm. Reason: Addition
Old Jan 19th 2017, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Looks like Boris Johnson is negotiating better visa entry conditions for Indian citizens as part of a trade deal.Modi looks pleased with himself talking to Boris.
Old Jan 21st 2017, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
Looks like Boris Johnson is negotiating better visa entry conditions for Indian citizens as part of a trade deal.Modi looks pleased with himself talking to Boris.
He suggested cycle tracks to Mamata Banerjee! Was surprised when she didn't like the idea!
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Boris bikes in Kolkata ?
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Australia demanding easy access to UK as part of trade deal.Makes more sense than taking in more East Europeans, at least Aussies and Indians speak English.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Any proof that there are new visa charges in the pipeline for visitors to India ?

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/821534/india-travel-visa-cost-increase

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/foreigners-will-have-to-pay-upto-50-more-for-indian-visas/story-1qCEB7cdoamW1iRxiTIJmL.html

* Myths that are believed in tend to become true *
Old Jun 28th 2017, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Return of Santan
See--thread below. I looked it up on vfs Global, when PJ mentioned this yesterday and it seems prices already increased. For UK it seems to be reciprocal on visa costs for Indian tourists and business people coming to UK and encouragement to use e-visas (now 60 days and double entry --according to reports).
Old Jun 28th 2017, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bipat
See--thread below. I looked it up on vfs Global, when PJ mentioned this yesterday and it seems prices already increased. For UK it seems to be reciprocal on visa costs for Indian tourists and business people coming to UK and encouragement to use e-visas (now 60 days and double entry --according to reports).
Thanks Bipat but I can only find the fees relating to last year ( we got a 5 yrs T in 2016 😆)but I am looking so I can advise other repeaters who haven't