Visa help.

Old Jul 28th 2014, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Reality checker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa help.

Can anyone tell me if any Brit who owns a property in Goa that has been cleared by thd E D managed to get a visa longer than 6 months without restrictions in the recent past?
Thanks.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Reality checker
Can anyone tell me if any Brit who owns a property in Goa that has been cleared by thd E D managed to get a visa longer than 6 months without restrictions in the recent past?
Thanks.
As I have posted elsewhere, we got 6-month X visas last year ('renewable in India').
I have been unable to confirm whether this is policy or chance - so if you apply for 1-year X's you risk losing £25 a go PLUS extension fees in India.
I know of one person who was able to renew in Goa, but they still ask for 'RBI letter'.

hth AndyD 8-)
Old Jul 29th 2014, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Reality checker is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply Andy, presumably the "RBI" letter refers to permission granted pre 2000 as FEMA regulation, we purchased and registered our property post 2000.
Two years ago we managed to get a letter from the RBI office in Panjim, refering to our particulars, stating that we do not require permission to buy or sell our property.
In your opinion, do you think this letter will carry any weight when applying for either a 1 year x in the UK or even extending a 6 month x in goa?
kind regards.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

I've got the same, it SHOULD be good enough - we'll have to try it and see.

AndyD 8-)
Old Oct 8th 2014, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

6 month Tourist Visa fees 2014 ?

Just looked at VFS global for the dreaded visa applications - does anyone know if the £2 per app consular fee has now been included in the 6 month tourist app ? e.g is the total per application now £92.20

at first glance its a little unclear, also the document checklist looks different to last year is this to be included ? has anyone successfully managed to pay online as I tried last year and failed so had to pay stupid Post Office order charges

Thanks

RofS
Old Oct 8th 2014, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Return of Santan

Just looked at VFS global for the dreaded visa applications - does anyone know if the £2 per app consular fee has now been included in the 6 month tourist app ? e.g is the total per application now £92.20

at first glance its a little unclear, also the document checklist looks different to last year is this to be included ? has anyone successfully managed to pay online as I tried last year and failed so had to pay stupid Post Office order charges

Thanks

RofS
I have not applied yet this year but if I remember correctly 92.20 is what I paid per visa last year. I have always paid on line and only once had a problem when they claimed that two (out of 7) of the payments were not on their system so I had to pay again and then take copies of both payments in when I went back to collect the passports/visa's. They refunded the double payment within a few days.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by Return of Santan

Thanks

RofS
Yes you pay the VFS fee which makes it £92.20. I use an agent so just pay them. Its much easier.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 9:49 am
Just Joined

alwaysomewhere is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone remind me of the telephone# to call the VFS global which is not the premium #. Equally if anyone has an email address apart from the info one - i am struggling with my online application where i have paid through their system and now find myself in the position where i cannot retrieve the application to send it off!!! Their software is crashing when i try to reprint despite trying various browsers etc. Any help would be much appreciated as I am already at my wits end...
Old Oct 9th 2014, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alwaysomewhere
Can someone remind me of the telephone# to call the VFS global which is not the premium #. Equally if anyone has an email address apart from the info one - i am struggling with my online application where i have paid through their system and now find myself in the position where i cannot retrieve the application to send it off!!! Their software is crashing when i try to reprint despite trying various browsers etc. Any help would be much appreciated as I am already at my wits end...
When I have completed my application I always go to print and then save it using Microsoft XP document writer to a file on my lap top so I do not have to rely on getting back into the VFS system to print it. Too late for you now but worth considering for future use.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

Have sent you a private message which I hope helps
Veri
Old Oct 9th 2014, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Veritas1
Have sent you a private message which I hope helps
Veri
I am not able to open the private message - i believe I need to post a couple more times to become eligible.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by k800mer
When I have completed my application I always go to print and then save it using Microsoft XP document writer to a file on my lap top so I do not have to rely on getting back into the VFS system to print it. Too late for you now but worth considering for future use.
thanks for the help - my significant other said the same thing as he was watching my total meltdown.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks for the help - my significant other said the same thing as he was watching my total meltdown.

Just did a search in Visa help and found this number, worth a try.

020 7811 3976
Old Oct 10th 2014, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Someone had a similar problem caused by a pop up blocker. Check your settings. I paid online 93.80 including 1.60 for SMS notification.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Angry Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
Someone had a similar problem caused by a pop up blocker. Check your settings. I paid online 93.80 including 1.60 for SMS notification.
yes that was the other problem - it really hurt paying £14+ for the postal order!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.