Visa on entry.

Old Jul 18th 2015, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Visa on entry.

yes, or no - depending on their nationality:-
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

AndyD 8-)
Old Jul 28th 2015, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Vagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of light

Useless Swedish and English here. Not going back to India till they sort this.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

They haven't updated the wording on the main page yet, but if you go to the Application page the UK is there -after a warning:
The e-Tourist Visa facility is only applicable to nationals of United Kingdom and is not available to British Subject, British Protected Person, British Overseas Citizen, British National (Overseas) and British Overseas Territories Citizen. Your application would be rejected if your nationality is other than United Kingdom.
AndyD 8-)
Old Aug 15th 2015, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
They haven't updated the wording on the main page yet, but if you go to the Application page the UK is there -after a warning:

AndyD 8-)
Have been waiting for this as one son hasn't got around to getting OCI and coming in December I am worried though about the timing particularly as one grandchild is 2 yrs. old and photo may not be easy to get. If one person's photo is refused etc.? Then there will then be a rush to get an ordinary visa.

Hope others will report on their experience.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

main page now updated.

AndyD 8-)
Old Aug 21st 2015, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Paul.W is an unknown quantity at this point

Are the new visa for the 6 months or shorter
Old Aug 21st 2015, 4:24 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Visa on entry.

Originally Posted by Paul.W
Are the new visa for the 6 months or shorter
The new E-Visa is valid for up to 30 days, single entry I think & you can have a maximum of 2 per year.

Rgds.

A.
Old Sep 14th 2015, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Surprisingly little activity on these forums - it's surely about the time when people start thinking about their trip?
re. VoE - I wonder how many new visitors to India will even find out about them - there's no hint on the vfs site that they even exist!

AndyD 8-)
Old Sep 15th 2015, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Strange i was thinking that myself a couple of days ago.The sad reality is that most of my old buddies from Candolim and Bobs Inn of the 80s & 90s have either gone up stairs or elsewhere.Going to Vietnam this year for a couple of months.Its cheaper to fly to Ho Chi Minh City from Heathrow than to Mumbai. less hassle with Visas.Good food and clean trains, going out at night a better deal too.No robbing taxi drivers, who in my opinion, have killed Goa for lots of elderly tourists.The Goan government need a serious reality check if they think they can re-connect with European tourism, even the Russians know when they are being conned by shady travel companies.A 2 star hotel in Vietnam is the equivalent of a 4 star in India.Turd infested beaches and highly polluted sea water ! People having a dump in the bushes because the toilets provided are broken and no can be bothered to report it ! The Goan Tourism Department is a disgrace and totally corrupt from bottom to top.How can you sell a place when you have to negotiate Baga Road, full of pot holes and dodgy Nigerians selling smack and coke to young Indians looking for a Bollywood night out down Titos Road !
Old Sep 15th 2015, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Surprisingly little activity on these forums - it's surely about the time when people start thinking about their trip?
re. VoE - I wonder how many new visitors to India will even find out about them - there's no hint on the vfs site that they even exist!

AndyD 8-)
Vfs seems to have basic info. but no details. I have been searching as we have guests coming later in year with children, and I can't find anywhere about childrens applications, are they on the same type of form etc. The consent letters, signatures etc.
Also the worry about getting a good photo for a two year old, if one application rejected will the whole lot be rejected.

I read somewhere, but can't remember where, that on arrival, VoE people need to show sufficient funds to cover their stay. I wonder how this would be assessed, nobody carries cash!! Also prebooked accommodation or staying with relatives they wouldn't need much.

Hopefully there will be feed back on here or IM.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Watch out for HCMC - Saigon, taxi drivers. I got caught there. It's a mafia. They lock the doors till you pay or drive to their buddies and rob you. Only get in a proper recognised taxi. Never take one from Benh Thanh market. I'll try and get the safe taxi names for you.Good luck.
Ps. Preferred Ha Noi actually. Hoi An also.
Old Sep 27th 2015, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Vagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of light

Article about Goa:

Why India's Goa wants its British tourists back - BBC News

Can Brits get VOA yet ?
Old Sep 28th 2015, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Visa price still seems to be £82.00 for Brits (£89.44) through VFS

India Visa Information - UK - Visa Types - Tourist Visa

Goa might want us back for obvious reasons but the India Central Government might not be as concerned.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 4:52 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Visa on entry.

Originally Posted by Vagatorsunset
Visa price still seems to be £82.00 for Brits (£89.44) through VFS

India Visa Information - UK - Visa Types - Tourist Visa

Goa might want us back for obvious reasons but the India Central Government might not be as concerned.
AFAIK the E-Visa is nothing to do with VFS Global & is therefore not obtained through them. It is obtained from:

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/info1.jsp

I'd have thought the Indian Central Government is pretty concerned about tourism for the whole of India not just Goa, hence the E-Visa now being available to 113 different nationalities.

Rgds.

H.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
Watch out for HCMC - Saigon, taxi drivers. I got caught there. It's a mafia. They lock the doors till you pay or drive to their buddies and rob you. Only get in a proper recognised taxi. Never take one from Benh Thanh market. I'll try and get the safe taxi names for you.Good luck.
Ps. Preferred Ha Noi actually. Hoi An also.
We are fly straight into Nha Trang not stopping in HCMC but thank you for the info regarding the taxi mafia will only use official taxis.As to the visa fees being more expensive for UK citizens and the Goan Tourist Board promoting Goa and hoping UK will respond they are flogging a dead horse really.The two big issues are still Garbage and Public Transport. Putting up fairy lights in a restaurant does not hide the rubbish surround the place, like wise hiring a scooter and wearing a helmet will not protect you from a drunken driver speeding in a Toyota Land Cruiser. Trip Advisor is full of horror stories about rip off taxi operators and their immunity from the legal process. As for fees the real villains are the brit bashing right wing Hindu nationalists running the place now.Most tourists from UK accept this as fact and accept it.What they cannot accept is a rotten deal for their money when they arrive.They know that waiters only get 300 Rps a day if they are very lucky with tips.A taxi ride from Calingut to Baga is on a good day 150 to 200 Rps a journey of roughly 2 kilomteres....In Mumbai it would be 50 to 75 Rps.