Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Is this video a bit of a myth ?

Is this video a bit of a myth ?

Old Nov 24th 2013, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Vagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of light
Default Is this video a bit of a myth ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdqlM-1w6A

Nice video and I never tend to go quite that far north and chill around Ashvem normally.

I do recall being in Arambol round the little lake thing around 18 year back and some guy with an unfeasibly large flaccid penis appeared with a group of other naked people, men and women. Like literally down to his knee. I was with some Indian guy from Kashmir who was showing me the sights of Goa lol his eyes popped out of his head.

Funnily enough I never went back.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is this video a bit of a myth ?

Originally Posted by Vagatorsunset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdqlM-1w6A

Nice video and I never tend to go quite that far north and chill around Ashvem normally.

I do recall being in Arambol round the little lake thing around 18 year back and some guy with an unfeasibly large flaccid penis appeared with a group of other naked people, men and women. Like literally down to his knee. I was with some Indian guy from Kashmir who was showing me the sights of Goa lol his eyes popped out of his head.

Funnily enough I never went back.
Thats just how it is!! Its like going back in time to the hazy days of the Sixties with flowers in your hair.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this video a bit of a myth ?

Arambol the Tescos of spiritual India..it comes across as Osho Commune Arambol
shot by Acid Eric on a good day but then I'm terribly cynical around all things spiritual or religious unless it comes out of a bottle........prefer football myself for feeling part of something bigger than myself not waving incense sticks and weaving rubber balls around my head.....
Old Nov 29th 2013, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Vagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of light

Where do you recommend in North Goa for some nice relaxed times ?
Looking at the stars and relaxed quiet places to unwind.

I find myself yearning for the Goa of 15years back and always get a bit upset at how the place is so heavily built up so that might let you know what I am after. I like walks down smaller quieter relaxed sandy/rustic roads where locals say hello and you feel like it's natural and wild.

As far as I recall

Baga = Benidormesque, it has one saving grace an old trad restaurant I hope is still there... the round one with excellent home style food set back from the Babylon area a bit.

Calangute = getting like Baga bit by bit, the road down to Golden Eye.

Candolim - not quite what it was 17 years back (i.e. deserted beach virtually) but I still like it's vibe. Teama restaurant was my fave down that way.

Oh I heard the ship wrecked vessel has been chopped up !

Maybe I ask too much from it.

I have been about 8 times now, though never ventured south very often, maybe this is the time to go down south for a day out or an overnight stop.

Where best place for a nice chilled time down south for a 1 night stopover?

thank you
Old Nov 30th 2013, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vagatorsunset
Where do you recommend in North Goa for some nice relaxed times ?
Looking at the stars and relaxed quiet places to unwind.

I find myself yearning for the Goa of 15years back and always get a bit upset at how the place is so heavily built up so that might let you know what I am after. I like walks down smaller quieter relaxed sandy/rustic roads where locals say hello and you feel like it's natural and wild.

As far as I recall

Baga = Benidormesque, it has one saving grace an old trad restaurant I hope is still there... the round one with excellent home style food set back from the Babylon area a bit.

Calangute = getting like Baga bit by bit, the road down to Golden Eye.

Candolim - not quite what it was 17 years back (i.e. deserted beach virtually) but I still like it's vibe. Teama restaurant was my fave down that way.

Oh I heard the ship wrecked vessel has been chopped up !

Maybe I ask too much from it.

I have been about 8 times now, though never ventured south very often, maybe this is the time to go down south for a day out or an overnight stop.

Where best place for a nice chilled time down south for a 1 night stopover?

thank you
Why just one night? Benaulim is not too long a journey from the north, it has the usual tourist shops but not built up . You can walk south along the beach to Varca or wander inland. Even in the south many fields lie fallow now.

Last edited by Bipat; Nov 30th 2013 at 6:32 am. Reason: Spelling