Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Selling property in Goa

Selling property in Goa

Old Jan 15th 2018, 11:15 am
Just Joined

anitaandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Selling property in Goa

Thats great thanks for your thoughts and the benefit of your experience here. The next problem is finding a lawyer or other professional who can be trusted to assist with this. Are you aware of the process os seeking permission to sell ? Thanks again
Old Jan 16th 2018, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

mayrig is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anitaandy
Thats great thanks for your thoughts and the benefit of your experience here. The next problem is finding a lawyer or other professional who can be trusted to assist with this. Are you aware of the process os seeking permission to sell ? Thanks again
See if you can PM me. Unfortunately only too well aware of the process of seeking permission!! :-(
Old Feb 10th 2019, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

berti29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fork_handles
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but though people on this forum might be able to help me.

My parents recently passed away, and left us with a property in Goa. They were British nationals, and as I understand it, did not meet the FEMA requirements to own property in Goa.

While we like India, we're not the type who go back to the same place every year, and hence would like to sell the property if it all possible.

Could anyone give us some pointers to how me might sell this property, given the deeds will not have been registered?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Andy
Hi I have just joined and am in the same situation re inheritance. I was wondering if you have had any success with your sale? AS we don't have a Goa bank account Im not sure how the money can be transferred if we sell. Is there a limit?