Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Retiring to Goa at last

Retiring to Goa at last

Old Feb 23rd 2016, 11:11 am
UK Member

bungy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retiring to Goa at last

I first starting using this Forum back in 2006 whilst researching the possibility of eventually retiring to live in Goa. Happy to say that the dream is still very much alive and my wife and I are preparing to take the plunge in October this year. We have relatives already living in Goa and have done for 12 years or so, we are regular visitors for our holidays but living on a tourist budget is most certainly very different to a long term stay. It is for this reason that I am seeking a little help from "those in the know" whom have lived in Goa for some time to get a feel of the current living costs. We expect to have an annual budget of around £10,000 - primarily from leasing our current property, pensions and existing savings. We hold OCI card so long term stay is no problem, we also have a bank account in Calangute returning 7.1% interest at present. I have trawled through many threads on here which give guidance of living costs but nothing recent appears to be available.

We are looking for a 1 to 2 bed apartment, preferably a short way from the main tourist areas.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Retiring to Goa at last

Hi therevery pleased for you, been here since 1989, we manage VERY well on k7 a year, thats going out for lunch 365 days, not at night though, that price covers everything, we dont pay rent though, so you need to add that. Good luck.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

shinninglikeme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Bungy ,
Happy to know that you have chosen my country India to enjoy your retirement days . Goa truly is a place for vacation , warm people serene beauty and lovely clean beaches with authentic and tasty food at every corner.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 22nd 2016 at 8:51 pm. Reason: Removed url etc which looks rather spammy
Old Apr 14th 2016, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by leegrand
Hi therevery pleased for you, been here since 1989, we manage VERY well on k7 a year, thats going out for lunch 365 days, not at night though, that price covers everything, we dont pay rent though, so you need to add that. Good luck.
Can I ask whether that 7K includes transportation eg do you have a car? Are you in Bardez or Salcete......which of the 2 areas is less expensive?
Old Apr 15th 2016, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
Can I ask whether that 7K includes transportation eg do you have a car? Are you in Bardez or Salcete......which of the 2 areas is less expensive?
Hi, yes, it covers the car, petrol, ins, plus internet rs350 for 25 days.
We are in Bardez Pilerne road, we shop at Gaspers nr Nerul first then
markets.
Not been shopping in Salcete, so cant comment.
Old Apr 15th 2016, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by leegrand
Hi, yes, it covers the car, petrol, ins, plus internet rs350 for 25 days.
We are in Bardez Pilerne road, we shop at Gaspers nr Nerul first then
markets.
Not been shopping in Salcete, so cant comment.
Thanks for the above info. Very useful.