Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

The Real Marigold Hotel.

The Real Marigold Hotel.

Old Feb 13th 2016, 2:06 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Real Marigold Hotel.

Originally Posted by Bipat
I don't think a collection of slightly bizarre TV personalities making a light hearted programme will be anything like real life!
Actually the quote referred to the Marigold movies and not the TV series. So it is the actors in the film who don't want to go back not the participants in the BBC2 series.
Old Feb 20th 2016, 4:57 pm
Derbyshire

ChesterfieldLynne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
So if I acquire an Indian wife I can go and live in India ? It seems that the rules are easier than for those marrying British citizens and hoping to get residence in the UK !
Indian people can purchase property in UK - but then they need a good reason to live in UK. They can apply for jobs and will be accepted for jobs like teaching as UK is short of teachers. Going from UK to India, it is not so easy with the property purchase but a marriage will secure the right to buy - and to stay there in India.
There are always plenty of offers for marriage in India - from people who want to live and work outside of India.
So, it seems the solution is to marry and swap countries. No need to live together at all? Perfect wedded bliss!
Old Feb 20th 2016, 5:10 pm
Derbyshire

ChesterfieldLynne is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking at creating 'Marigold Living' in Kovalam, Kerala.
Kovalam is very like Goa - lots of European tourists, restaurants, gift shops, beach and surfing. Already have the building. It should be fun.
Don't think anyone would want to stay longer than six months. Though I think they would want to return. India draws people back.