Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Nudists beaches in Goa !!!

Nudists beaches in Goa !!!

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all
Default Nudists beaches in Goa !!!

Had a wonderful day out at Aswem beach, went for a walk along the beach chatting to my friend in our bikinis, as you do!!!!
when we were confronted by 4 naked females (all shapes and sizes) playing on the beach and at the waters edge, i almost forgot were i was for a moment Yes this is India !!!!! why please someone tell me do these people (russians) have to be so disrepectful.
they walked up to the sunbeds and laid legs a cimbo totally oblivious to the other people around them.
I' m far from being a prude but this behavior was totally unacceptable and shouldnt have been tolerated by the shack owner.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:28 pm
Lovin' it

goanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nudists beaches in Goa !!!

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Had a wonderful day out at Aswem beach, went for a walk along the beach chatting to my friend in our bikinis, as you do!!!!
when we were confronted by 4 naked females (all shapes and sizes) playing on the beach and at the waters edge, i almost forgot were i was for a moment Yes this is India !!!!! why please someone tell me do these people (russians) have to be so disrepectful.
they walked up to the sunbeds and laid legs a cimbo totally oblivious to the other people around them.
I' m far from being a prude but this behavior was totally unacceptable and shouldnt have been tolerated by the shack owner.
Can I ask someone to delete this thread, before one of the very few peaceful beaches left in Goa gets invaded by leering Indian louts!!!!!!!

Actually Asvem beach has been an unofficial nudist beach since 2000. It is not just Russians, but many German, French, Brits, Swedes etc have been going native for years

And Poppetjay, you are being a prude, did it do you any harm? It's only natural after all

Live and let live that's what I say
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by goanstay
Can I ask someone to delete this thread, before one of the very few peaceful beaches left in Goa gets invaded by leering Indian louts!!!!!!!

Actually Asvem beach has been an unofficial nudist beach since 2000. It is not just Russians, but many German, French, Brits, Swedes etc have been going native for years

And Poppetjay, you are being a prude, did it do you any harm? It's only natural after all

Live and let live that's what I say
I'm not a prude far from it if you actually knew me !!!and unofficial is not acceptable when there are families about with children and too late mate there were leering indians there, thats why i made a point of posting.
.You may like it but you are in the minority and i for one dont want my grandchildren to see it, and i sure dont want to see someones meat and 2 veg/ and fannys when im walking along a beach... time and a place for everything. but if it rocks your boat thats your opinion and no it didnt do me any harm. but after working for 25 years with abused kids i see i diffeent side to things whether natural or not.

Last edited by poppetjay; Apr 22nd 2010 at 5:07 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:15 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a prude far from it if you actually knew me !!!and unofficial is not acceptable when there are families about with children and too late mate there were leering indians there, thats why i made a point of posting.
.You may like it but you are in the minority and i for one dont want my grandchildren to see it, and i sure dont want to see someones meat and 2 veg/ and fannys when im walking along a beach... time and a place for everything. but if it rocks your boat thats your opinion and no it didnt do me any harm. but after working for 25 years with abused kids i see i diffeent side to things whether natural or not.

I'm with you on this Poppetjay - don't particularly want to see that. I am not against nudity or the existence of nudist beaches, but they should be advertised - and there is the matter of discretion.
I saw a similar grim sight at Vagator a couple of seasons ago, and recently whilst staying at a friends in Candolim, which is in a resort, looked out of the window to see a Russian woman on a balcony 'servicing' two men at the same time (I'm sure you can imagine how this was being done !!) - with the room light on and the balcony light on.
All of these places are frequented by families and it is not acceptable in those places !
Mind you - the fat topless hags and the old men who wear a bit of rag for a thong on Calangute, Baga and Candolim beaches need a makeover as well in the respectable beachwear department !!

Dread - I got class !
x
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 9:03 pm
Sensible Member

GoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the rough

Just one thing to say about nude bathing - sunburnt t**s! I wouldn't want them and I'm sure they would be extremely painful.

Also I have an 11 year old son who is on the verge of puberty and HE would be EXTREMELY embarrassed to see adults cavorting in the nude - I couldn't imagine how he would react if we, his parents, joined in!

What's wrong with wearing a bikini or swimsuit? It's not like it's such heavy clothing you have to shed it in order to enjoy yourself.

On this subject though, I HAVE swam nude in the Calangute sea, but that WAS 15 years ago before I had kids, and it was just before sunrise in the morning - before the leering Indians or anyone else was around on the beach. And I took off my kit at the waters edge and had a towel there ready for when I came out of the sea.

If you enjoy swimming nude, my suggestion - get together with like-minded people and hire a private pool for the day. Keep it out of the public eye. Most people don't want to see your private parts, and others really DO want to see - and that's the problem!

Decorum and discretion is the way to go!

Julia x
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 9:19 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, Ashvem has been popular with people wanting to take all their clothes off DISCRETELY since the early 1990's and before.

It has never been an "unofficial nudist beach", as nudity in public has always and almost certainly always will be Illegal in india.

The difference, as pointed out by PJ, is the typical "S*d everyone else" attitude of the Russians. The behaviour she describes would put me off my dinner and I'm not a prude either.

I do think PJ was expecting too much by suggesting the shack owner should have stepped in. We all know a Goan shack owner will permit absolutely any behaviour providing it puts money in his pocket.

If you are happy enough to look at fat Russian women laying naked on sunbeds with their legs apart, you are welcome, maybe you will see there is light at the end of the tunnel for Goa?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 9:38 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
Actually, Ashvem has been popular with people wanting to take all their clothes off DISCRETELY since the early 1990's and before.

It has never been an "unofficial nudist beach", as nudity in public has always and almost certainly always will be Illegal in india.

The difference, as pointed out by PJ, is the typical "S*d everyone else" attitude of the Russians. The behaviour she describes would put me off my dinner and I'm not a prude either.

I do think PJ was expecting too much by suggesting the shack owner should have stepped in. We all know a Goan shack owner will permit absolutely any behaviour providing it puts money in his pocket.

If you are happy enough to look at fat Russian women laying naked on sunbeds with their legs apart, you are welcome, maybe you will see there is light at the end of the tunnel for Goa?

The ones I saw, you could park your bike up their ...........
and the men well
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 10:04 pm
Lovin' it

goanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant futuregoanstay has a brilliant future

Looks like I may have hit a sore point here - perhaps sunburnt ones as GoanPlaces suggests

Quite agree here, normally nudism has been discreet which was easy at Asvem as there were few other people around. But we have seen whole families "cavorting" naked on the beach playing volleyball / frisbees etc. and I think it's great to bring children up to not be embarrassed about their own bodies or that of others. We are all born with our body and should not be ashamed of it

The problem is that the discreet beach at Asvem has become too popular and it is therefore difficult to be discreet

That's why I said it was unofficial.
The concept of nudism being illegal in India also includes going topless, but how that can constitute nudism is far beyond me

We have seen plenty of "meat and 2 veg/ and fannys", but why get offended by it? Personally we go there to relax/chill out and what other people get up to is up to them. If I don't like the look of something I look away - see comment below. It would be different if someone actually approached you and forced you to look at their privates but in the majority of cases they are getting on with doing what they are doing, and it is your choice whether you take notice of them or not.

Actually I don't go around looking for any particular women, naked or otherwise, fat or otherwise, russian or otherwise....

Even on the beach at Candolim, I have seen some pretty horrendous sights which I would have preferred not to have seen. There are some men and women who probably should not take off their shirts, let alone their pants, but that is their perogative. I would rather not see "beached whales" but I have the opportunity to look away.

No-one should be embarrassed of seeing a naked body or of being naked - that is what we are. I would only be embarrassed if I was staring at a naked body, and wasn't able to see the person - and that goes for private and public places

Anyway that is my opinion - each to their own
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Nudist beaches often conjour up images of St. Tropez in the '60s. However, reality is quite different. I once stumbled across a nudist beach in Cuba which was full of flabby, continental, 10 ton tessies. Quite a horrible sight, they should be a law against this.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 11:08 pm
Sensible Member

GoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by goanstay
But we have seen whole families "cavorting" naked on the beach playing volleyball / frisbees etc. and I think it's great to bring children up to not be embarrassed about their own bodies or that of others. We are all born with our body and should not be ashamed of it

No-one should be embarrassed of seeing a naked body or of being naked - that is what we are. I would only be embarrassed if I was staring at a naked body, and wasn't able to see the person - and that goes for private and public places

Anyway that is my opinion - each to their own
It indeed would be a great place - like the garden of Eden - if humans were not aware of, or embarrassed by, their own bodies.

In the real world, we, humans are above the animals for this reason. We are the only species to have awareness of the effect of our sexuality, and to practice modesty. We are indeed the only species of mammals who can decide rationally, using our brains, who to mate with.

Other animals are driven purely by instinct. Dogs will mate with any bitch in season. Dogs are also born naked, as are we. But it is this intrinsic human knowledge that depicts that we should - for our own good - cover ourselves when in public if we are to fend off the advances of others with whom we have no intention of mating with. That is the difference between humans and animals.

We ALL have instincts and we ALL were born naked, but human reasoning surpasses animal instinct - in the sense it it is not a good idea to go nude on Goa beaches - not just for legal reasons, but for your own protection. - Wouldn't like those Indian tourists behaving like animals with you - and if you behave like an animal - going naked when reason dictates you should be clothed, then expect consequences.

If you go naked in a public place, you WILL be looked at sexually by others. Whether that is your intention or not, some people (e.g. Indian Tourists!) will revert to animal type when confronted with a fully-naked woman. They are only used to seeing women in saris or salwar kameez. It is an eye-fest for them.

Whether you want it or not, humans have practiced modesty since the day Eve ate the apple and was then embarrassed by her nudity. Because we have the powers of reasoning - unlike animals who have no concept of the fact that they are naked - and will mate with any other animal.

Humans have free will, animals don't. We are all born naked, but only humans have the knowledge or desire to clothe. Humans are also the only species able to control whom they mate with or indeed to have relations but to produce no offspring (e.g. contraception). Animals have no such intellect.

Be naked, it is great to be naked - swim in the sea at dawn before sunrise, feel the water on your bare skin. But for heavens sake don't inflict your nudity on anyone else. For others and your own good.

Julia x
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoanPlaces
It indeed would be a great place - like the garden of Eden - if humans were not aware of, or embarrassed by, their own bodies.

In the real world, we, humans are above the animals for this reason. We are the only species to have awareness of the effect of our sexuality, and to practice modesty. We are indeed the only species of mammals who can decide rationally, using our brains, who to mate with.

Other animals are driven purely by instinct. Dogs will mate with any bitch in season. Dogs are also born naked, as are we. But it is this intrinsic human knowledge that depicts that we should - for our own good - cover ourselves when in public if we are to fend off the advances of others with whom we have no intention of mating with. That is the difference between humans and animals.

We ALL have instincts and we ALL were born naked, but human reasoning surpasses animal instinct - in the sense it it is not a good idea to go nude on Goa beaches - not just for legal reasons, but for your own protection. - Wouldn't like those Indian tourists behaving like animals with you - and if you behave like an animal - going naked when reason dictates you should be clothed, then expect consequences.

If you go naked in a public place, you WILL be looked at sexually by others. Whether that is your intention or not, some people (e.g. Indian Tourists!) will revert to animal type when confronted with a fully-naked woman. They are only used to seeing women in saris or salwar kameez. It is an eye-fest for them.

Whether you want it or not, humans have practiced modesty since the day Eve ate the apple and was then embarrassed by her nudity. Because we have the powers of reasoning - unlike animals who have no concept of the fact that they are naked - and will mate with any other animal.

Humans have free will, animals don't. We are all born naked, but only humans have the knowledge or desire to clothe. Humans are also the only species able to control whom they mate with or indeed to have relations but to produce no offspring (e.g. contraception). Animals have no such intellect.

Be naked, it is great to be naked - swim in the sea at dawn before sunrise, feel the water on your bare skin. But for heavens sake don't inflict your nudity on anyone else. For others and your own good.

Julia x
Agree totally with this post, unfortunately in this PC world we live in now rules are being imposed on us everyday, I have nothing against nudity and truely believe that if you dont hide things and it becomes the normal way of life nobody would be shocked!!! but afraid it dosent work like that in the majority of countries especially india. some indian men and women never see their partners naked!!!! let alone total strangers.
respect for other people's beliefs and lifestyles should be observed, as julia said do want you do but dont inflict what nudity on anyone else.
And yes it was a stupid thing to say that the shack owner shoul have stepped in !!!! forgot his earning money from all the leering indians that were there watching silly me!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:53 am
Just Joined

naranala is an unknown quantity at this point

When I visit Goa the first time in 1979, there where about 300 - 500 hippies from calangute to vagator. On the vagator beach, where I was living at that time, 90% of the people on the beach where completely naked.
As to my mind there was no any strange behaviour about sexuality like prostitutes, child abuse or rape cases. All this shit came with the charter tourists and the strange mindsets about sexuality we are growing up in the west. The local Hindu people in that time dit not care about to be naked. Saddhus from the Himalayas walked thru Goa some of them nagababas full naked. The women sometimes had only sarees no shirts and a lot to see, very natural.
In Chapora there was a local saddhu woman always topless.
I chose Asvem beach for many past years because it was possible to swim naked without bother anybody.
Since there are no more quite spots without chaishops I have to use bathing trunks. Uhh I hate wet bathing trunks. And I miss the lost paradise a lot. Some of us are beautyfull, some fat and ugly, this are just facts nothing to hide.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 10:06 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naranala
When I visit Goa the first time in 1979, there where about 300 - 500 hippies from calangute to vagator. On the vagator beach, where I was living at that time, 90% of the people on the beach where completely naked.
As to my mind there was no any strange behaviour about sexuality like prostitutes, child abuse or rape cases. All this shit came with the charter tourists and the strange mindsets about sexuality we are growing up in the west. The local Hindu people in that time dit not care about to be naked. Saddhus from the Himalayas walked thru Goa some of them nagababas full naked. The women sometimes had only sarees no shirts and a lot to see, very natural.
In Chapora there was a local saddhu woman always topless.
I chose Asvem beach for many past years because it was possible to swim naked without bother anybody.
Since there are no more quite spots without chaishops I have to use bathing trunks. Uhh I hate wet bathing trunks. And I miss the lost paradise a lot. Some of us are beautyfull, some fat and ugly, this are just facts nothing to hide.
Each to their own, have seen people at Ashwen taking their cossies OFF just to go into the sea!. We saw an indian man walking naked on Candolim Beach, with just a bag over his shoulder - unfortunately for him, the local policeman was there after his bunce from the beach girls and made him put his pants on.

We also had a great laugh at a man in a lime green mankini - that was hilarious - he did it for a dare on Sundays, the expressions on the Indian Sunday T** watchers faces was absolutely brilliant.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

gregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nice

just wonder where all this dress code changed, women mainly topless, in Eastern culture I imagine for hundreds, of years. Western fully clothed to the neckline, for as long. Was it West taught Eastern, to cover up? Then decided that the benefits of going naked appealed to many? I also if had been walking on the beach with my young daughter, would have been appalled if a man was naked in front of her, would have felt I could explain if it was a women. What mixed emotions, personally not bothered, was more distressed seeing a larger older woman, walking in Candolim, in a see through top, and a brightly coloured thong. Sorry if that was you
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:09 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gregit
just wonder where all this dress code changed, women mainly topless, in Eastern culture I imagine for hundreds, of years. Western fully clothed to the neckline, for as long. Was it West taught Eastern, to cover up? Then decided that the benefits of going naked appealed to many? I also if had been walking on the beach with my young daughter, would have been appalled if a man was naked in front of her, would have felt I could explain if it was a women. What mixed emotions, personally not bothered, was more distressed seeing a larger older woman, walking in Candolim, in a see through top, and a brightly coloured thong. Sorry if that was you
NIce snapshot of you in your Mankini Gregit !! Do you wear it often whilst in Goa? Your mustache needs a little trim though !!!!

Dread - fashionista
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.