Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Newcomers to Goa and school for 4 yrs old child.

Newcomers to Goa and school for 4 yrs old child.

Old Aug 18th 2014, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

zloty777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newcomers to Goa and school for 4 yrs old child.

Hi,
I am thinking of moving to Goa. If I will do so what are the criteria to send child to school in there? Are the schools safe enough? What about racism? We are family of 3, all white background...
Please do not stop yourself from flooding detalis
Thanks
Darek
Old Aug 18th 2014, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newcomers to Goa and school for 4 yrs old child.

Originally Posted by zloty777
Hi,
I am thinking of moving to Goa. If I will do so what are the criteria to send child to school in there? Are the schools safe enough? What about racism? We are family of 3, all white background...
Thanks
Darek
Which part of Goa are you planning to settle in?
Old Aug 18th 2014, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

zloty777 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am dreaming of South Goa. I have been around Margao, Cavelossim and Cabo de Rama. I really fell in love this part of Goa. I heard bad thing about North so if possible and good enough prefer to choose South Goa.

Last edited by zloty777; Aug 18th 2014 at 9:47 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Newcomers to Goa and school for 4 yrs old child.

Originally Posted by zloty777
Hi,
Thanks
Darek
Well Darek, I hope you are in a position to actually settle permanently in Goa because most of us only get a 6 month or years Tourist visa. We have many Goan friends who have children attending a variety of schools but mainly in the North. The system is very structured and your child will most probably have to learn the local language of Konkani. I think it would probably be a good idea to rent somewhere you like, check out the schools and decide if you think it is a good idea.
Schools seem safe enough and amongst the general population there is no racism.
Good luck, Chris
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Well Darek, I hope you are in a position to actually settle permanently in Goa because most of us only get a 6 month or years Tourist visa. We have many Goan friends who have children attending a variety of schools but mainly in the North. The system is very structured and your child will most probably have to learn the local language of Konkani. I think it would probably be a good idea to rent somewhere you like, check out the schools and decide if you think it is a good idea.
Schools seem safe enough and amongst the general population there is no racism.
Good luck, Chris
Hello, I notice from your other post that you were last in Goa in 2006, you will find that it has changed a great deal, more tourists etc. but less changes in the South.

Our relatives with children (older) are in 'central' Goa and go to English medium schools, I would think most private schools teach in English. Hindi will be taught in schools, the imposed National language--(another story there)!!
Konkani would be useful for day to day conversation but not essential , most middle class Goan 4 year olds will be already knowing quite a lot of English words.

As Chris has said, safety is much as anywhere else. Just take the usual precautions that you would in UK.