Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Meeting young, resident expats?

Meeting young, resident expats?

Old Jul 8th 2014, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

yearingoa2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meeting young, resident expats?

I'm a young woman who has just moved to Goa. I'm wondering are there any meet up groups or nights out for expats, especially now during monsoon season?
Old Jul 8th 2014, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Meeting young, resident expats?

I'm afraid there's not very much meeting-up even when it's not raining <s>.
Comparatively few expats stay 'out of season'. If you have enough posts you could try a PM to member 'poipleshadow' who I think is there most of the year.

hth AndyD 8-)
Old Jul 9th 2014, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

danbushell is an unknown quantity at this point

or follow this link on their website if you cannot PM them.
Charity Contact Details and Contact Us
Old Jul 9th 2014, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys!
Old Jul 9th 2014, 10:02 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

There's a lady on Malaysia forum who recommends meetup.com. I just had a quick look on there and there is at least one meetup group in Goa Velha (?) Apologies if this is somewhere else, as I'm not from around here (obviously). Anyway try this link and see what you think.....
http://www.meetup.com/goa-meetup-group/
Old Jul 9th 2014, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

Hi, yeah, you are more than welcome to get in touch, feel free to message me via my contact us page on my website www.poipleshadow.com There are a few of us who brave the monsoon, and it's nice to get out and about in the breaks in the rain. Although today has been pretty much constant! :S
Old Jul 11th 2014, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Meeting young, resident expats?

Originally Posted by yearingoa2014
I'm a young woman who has just moved to Goa. I'm wondering are there any meet up groups or nights out for expats, especially now during monsoon season?
Not as far as I know but just meet your neighbours and find out what is going on with your local friends. There are no groups or nights out even during the season that I have heard of but some people congregate at the bars where Expats go for a drink. Its a time for sitting, reading and drinking feni!!
Old Aug 30th 2014, 6:23 am
Just Joined

penningoa is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I have just moved to Goa for work, and are now living in Panjim.

If yearingoa2014, poipleshadow or anyone else would like to meet up for a drink this week - get in touch!

Thanks.
Old Aug 30th 2014, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

I don't know why, but I never actually got email notifications about replays to my post until today! Please feel free to private mail me