Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Luggage Allowance - Jet Airways?

Luggage Allowance - Jet Airways?

Old Aug 22nd 2013, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Luggage Allowance - Jet Airways?

Could any please tell me what is the luggage allowance on Jet Airways and how many pieces can you take. I tried to uderstand their instructions but i must be going stupid in my dotage because at the end it seem to contradict itself and i was left scratching my head....!
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi.doc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Hi prestonjohn
Standard passenger - guess that means economy allowance 23Kg x 2 plus 1 hand luggage @ 7Kg per passenger
log on to Jet Airways page
click Plan Your Travel
drop down to Baggage
Enter Origin LHR
Destination GOA
select Economy, Premier or First Class
Click Submit
the page changes, drop down to the bottom you will see the choices they give
Good Luck
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
Could any please tell me what is the luggage allowance on Jet Airways and how many pieces can you take. I tried to uderstand their instructions but i must be going stupid in my dotage because at the end it seem to contradict itself and i was left scratching my head....!
Have not yet booked for this year but it has always been 46k per person hold baggage, a couple of years ago they introduced a 23k per case maximum with two cases allowed, I think some people try to get all 46k in one bag! My hand baggage has never been weighed but I have always been able to take a computer bag plus a hand bag.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Luggage Allowance - Jet Airways?

The 2x 23kg only applies if you book your journey to start from LHR. If you book to start from Goa you only get 1 x 23kg both ways. But an extra 23kg from LHR to GOI only costs £55.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bipat i could not understand the wording they used.Thought it might be 2 with maximum 23 kg but now OH is rubbing her hands at the prospect of what she can take with her....like Rollers and Brushes for redecorating the apartment because as she says the Indian ones are not up to scratch and wear out too soon. Jet fare was £ 541 return Heathrow/Goa...Goa/Heathrow.Better price than Qatar and its over night too so you can grab 40 winks on the flight. Now have to pray the yanks do not attack Syria and all routes are re-dircted over Egypt like in the Gulf War of 92.....
Old Aug 24th 2013, 11:40 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Bipat?

Bipat?

Oh dear PJ, hope you have good life insurance, armed guards, a good plastic sturgeon or an alternative place to live.................

You could always move to Karwar under a pseudonym

Or maybe it was a Freudian slip and you are developing an infatuation?

Last edited by johnny five; Aug 24th 2013 at 11:45 am.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
Bipat?

Bipat?

Oh dear PJ, hope you have good life insurance, armed guards, a good plastic sturgeon or an alternative place to live.................

You could always move to Karwar under a pseudonym

Or maybe it was a Freudian slip and you are developing an infatuation?

Heard you calling!!

Why does he need a "plastic" sturgeon, are there none to be caught in Goan seas??

He would be welcome in Karwar (actual real Karwar) under his own name
Old Aug 24th 2013, 12:29 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

That was a Goan plastic surgeon, there's something fishy about most of them!

Old Aug 24th 2013, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johnny five
That was a Goan plastic surgeon, there's something fishy about most of them!

Most of my friends have gone out of Goa for their face lifts, the only one who had some work done on her eye lids in Goa regretted it as she had to go back three times for them to get it right. Me, I have never been that worried about my looks and live quite happily with the wrinkles.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Same here if i could find a place to Winter in over the December to March months i would go there...just come back from Santa Cruz de Tenerife and it was so boringly horrible i can only say never again.I keep wondering where there is left to go now the whole of The Maghreb Coast is full of those inbred Salafist idiots its going to be Goa again Im afraid. At least i can get my teath done and Pariker has promised yet again to single handedly clear up the garbage.Maybe he plans to re-process it and feed it to school children as a treat.The crime situation is a constant worry though.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Same here if i could find a place to Winter in over the December to March months i would go there...just come back from Santa Cruz de Tenerife and it was so boringly horrible i can only say never again.I keep wondering where there is left to go now the whole of The Maghreb Coast is full of those inbred Salafist idiots its going to be Goa again Im afraid. At least i can get my teath done and Pariker has promised yet again to single handedly clear up the garbage.Maybe he plans to re-process it and feed it to school children as a treat.The crime situation is a constant worry though.
I am never bored in Goa places to go, people to see and just sitting in a beach shack watching the word go by, I do not sunbathe as I had skin cancer some years ago so I always sit in the shade, going to Madeira soon but I am told there is not much to do there.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Well friends tell me that if you play bridge you used to be able to leave your card at the Blandy estate and maybe get invited for a few rubbers with Madam Blandy, but I'd guess she's shuffled off this mortal coil by now.

AndyD 8-)
Old Aug 26th 2013, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Luggage Allowance - Jet Airways?

Judging by the fact that last year we took 108kg for two people in four cases and everyone at checkin looked like they were moving house I dont worry about it. Maybe one day they will apply the rules but its the same when you fly back from Dubai to Goa...everyone has loads of luggage!
Old Aug 26th 2013, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Judging by the fact that last year we took 108kg for two people in four cases and everyone at checkin looked like they were moving house I dont worry about it. Maybe one day they will apply the rules but its the same when you fly back from Dubai to Goa...everyone has loads of luggage!
I checked us in online last time and got in the baggage drop queue and queued longer than we probably would have done in the non checked in queue because lots of people had obviously overloaded their cases and they were making them reduce the load in the overweight cases. This was in Heathrow. Possibly depends on where you are flying from.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by k800mer
I checked us in online last time and got in the baggage drop queue and queued longer than we probably would have done in the non checked in queue because lots of people had obviously overloaded their cases and they were making them reduce the load in the overweight cases. This was in Heathrow. Possibly depends on where you are flying from.
Some people shouldn't be allowed to travel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.