Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Looking to interview British people who live and work in Goa!!!

Looking to interview British people who live and work in Goa!!!

Old Jul 9th 2014, 11:56 am
Just Joined

rusparks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to interview British people who live and work in Goa!!!

Hello there!

My name is Ruairi and I work in development for the BBC. My job involves pitching new ideas and programme concepts for broadcasting across the BBC network. One of the ideas we are currently trying to develop focusses on the lives of British expats in Goa, and, having stumbled across this forum I thought I would put out a request to interview people who are or have been resident in Goa. What we are looking for is to find interesting stories and insights into what being a British expat in Goa is all about. How hard is it to buy a property in Goa (this is a popular topic from what I gather on other threads), what it is like to work there, who stays during the monsoon and how the resident expat community interact with the holiday parties? How does the British expat community interact with the Goan community, or does it at all? Having been an expat myself (Curacao and Aruba) I know how incredibly interesting expat communities are and I think a show about Brits living, working and thriving in one of earth's paradises would make some absolutely fascinating television. We are not trying to show the party lifestyle and rave culture that Goa is also known for, we are more interested in people who are trying to make a life there.

I would absolutely love the opportunity to set up a call, whether by skype or phone. If any of you would be willing to set up a provisional chat or know someone who would be really interesting to talk to, do please get in touch. My email is [email protected] and I will also follow any comments on the thread below.

Thank you very much for your time and I very much hope to hear from you soon.

Ruairi
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Looking to interview British people who live and work in Goa!!!

Has anyone heard anything further to ruairis post ? Please pm me if you have
we have heard a RUMOUR that this going ahead very shortly