Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:00 am
Just Joined

r.i.p goans is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down how safe is goa ?

Hello everyone,
the british press are now in goa looking for titbits on the very sorry stories
about all of the deaths that are happening on a almost weekly
basis. just how safe do u think goa is..please don't just knock the mother
of the latest victim because we know it could happen to anyone,old or young.
back in the day it used to only be a case of bamboo massage but now it's hang them from the trees or rape & murder
who would want a holiday in hell these days ?
rip goan tourism.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Calangute,Goa (October -May) Pattaya,Thailand (May-Oct)
enfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really nice
Default Re: how safe is goa ?

Goa is still a lot safer than the majority of countries we originate from I think.
It is obviously very sad to read of some of the tragedies of the past couple of seasons.
Perhaps folk get lulled into a false sense of security taking into account the past record of Goa ,and the good nature of it's people
In many cases people throw caution to the wind and do things they would never think of doing in their homeland .I am thinking of just simple things like leaving goods and chattels unattended on sunbeds whilst bathing etc.
With the growth of the internet, scallywags all over the world are alerted to all the latest scams ,and waste no time in introducing them before anyone is wise to them.
In short it has detiorated ,but still very much better than the majority of places in the world.

Always Look on the Bright side.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by enfield951
Goa is still a lot safer than the majority of countries we originate from I think.
It is obviously very sad to read of some of the tragedies of the past couple of seasons.
Perhaps folk get lulled into a false sense of security taking into account the past record of Goa ,and the good nature of it's people
In many cases people throw caution to the wind and do things they would never think of doing in their homeland .I am thinking of just simple things like leaving goods and chattels unattended on sunbeds whilst bathing etc.
With the growth of the internet, scallywags all over the world are alerted to all the latest scams ,and waste no time in introducing them before anyone is wise to them.
In short it has detiorated ,but still very much better than the majority of places in the world.

Always Look on the Bright side.
otoh 27 FN's dead since January is going some!

AndyD 8-(#
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

mrmarcus is an unknown quantity at this point

well ive been going to goa since 2000 and i have never experienced any type of danger there,but there are alot of people who go there and do risky things.i have just returned from goa two days ago.just before i left a 15 year old girl was found dead on south anjuna beach at 4 in the morning,what was she doing on the beach at that time.you cant blame the place,only the people,dont take risks,and stay safe....
i have seen worse stories in england.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:32 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrmarcus
well ive been going to goa since 2000 and i have never experienced any type of danger there,but there are alot of people who go there and do risky things.i have just returned from goa two days ago.just before i left a 15 year old girl was found dead on south anjuna beach at 4 in the morning,what was she doing on the beach at that time.you cant blame the place,only the people,dont take risks,and stay safe....
i have seen worse stories in england.
The difference is in England is that the authorities dont try to dress it up as a suicide when the body is covered in bruises and its fairly clearly not a suicide
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
The difference is in England is that the authorities dont try to dress it up as a suicide when the body is covered in bruises and its fairly clearly not a suicide
As Enfield said earlier, many people are lulled into a sense of security by Goa's past reputation when truly it was safe for everyone but reality is that Goa is not the idyllic paradise of two decades ago. The Goan "fabric" that helped keep law and order (better than the law could do) is being shredded.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

but how do they know that the bruises were not caused by the body hiting the rocks in the water,and i think the english authorities dress alot of things up
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Exactly, and for the Goan Government to play it down by saying things like, 'Well more foreigners die in Thailand each year than in Goa' is totally inexcusable. The poor girl Scarlett was denied the most fundamental and basic Human Right of all, The Right to Life.

Goa should have a zero tolerance approach to drugs and especially rape and murder instead of trying to cover these hideous crimes up. One murder of a tourist is one too many. Those who try to cover such things up should be charged as an accessory.

Only now is the tourism minister starting to panic about the negative effect all this is having on tourism.......Where has he been for the last two years?

Goa needs to take the Dubai approach to drugs and druglords.
As for the police.....dont get me started!:curse:

How safe is Goa?............it aint that safe anymore!

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Mar 10th 2008 at 5:58 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I believe there is an enquiry into why it was blatently covered up now, but how effective that will be .... who knows

I'm just waiting for the first "what was a 15 year old doing out on a beach bar in the early hours of the morning" comment from somewhere
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

I believe there is an enquiry into why it was blatently covered up now, but how effective that will be .... who knows

I'm just waiting for the first "what was a 15 year old doing out on a beach bar in the early hours of the morning" comment from somewhere
Yeah and if anyone wants to see kids as young as 12 out drinking at all hours......come over to my housing estate at the weekends.
I was drinking alcohol at 14.......did my parents know?......did they hell!
People can argue about the rights and wrongs of parenthood and about Scarletts lifestyle but that does not excuse what happened to her. Murder is Murder is Murder.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:39 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
People can argue about the rights and wrongs of parenthood and about Scarletts lifestyle but that does not excuse what happened to her. Murder is Murder is Murder.
Exactly right
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:57 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I will ask my neighbours when they return tomorrow after spending a month there. Doesn't sound a nice place to me
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

well mitzyboy,are you not reading here i have already said it about what was a 15 year old doing there,you all may do all your drinking at 12,13 maybe thats why englands culture is in such a mess.i have full sypathy with the death of anyone,but you all have to get of your high horses living in your nice safe culture,well were not talking about england,were talking about a third world culture that is not proply developed that includes the people that live there,i admit that is no escuse for what is done but westerners have got to except its india not england,and it make me so angry,that westerners go over there expecting the same as were they come from,as i have said before respect were you are and be safe not stupid.:curse:
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lionda
I will ask my neighbours when they return tomorrow after spending a month there. Doesn't sound a nice place to me
well it is a paradise if you want it to be
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

and another thing how many deathes occur in england every year through drugs and gang relations.goa is goa if you dont like the way it works spend your holiday in brighton.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.