Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Home Schooling in colva Goa looking for a Tutor

Home Schooling in colva Goa looking for a Tutor

Old Sep 18th 2015, 8:18 am
Just Joined

redlegend is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Home Schooling in colva Goa looking for a Tutor

Hi i'm new here, i am moving to goa in 2016 with my young family, i have a coupe of questions regarding schooling and integration.
My 5 year old currently attends a Year 1 primary school, my wife and i would be looking to home school him for an initial year to help his integration into goa. Does anyone know of a home school tutor in the colva area who can assist us with the home schooling project?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Old Sep 18th 2015, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home Schooling in colva Goa looking for a Tutor

Originally Posted by redlegend
Hi i'm new here, i am moving to goa in 2016 with my young family, i have a coupe of questions regarding schooling and integration.
My 5 year old currently attends a Year 1 primary school, my wife and i would be looking to home school him for an initial year to help his integration into goa. Does anyone know of a home school tutor in the colva area who can assist us with the home schooling project?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Hello, I am not able to help personally as living south of Goa in Karnataka and have no knowledge of home tutors in Colva area.
This Goa site tends to be used by posters who are older or just coming to Goa for the winter.
You might find more help on The IndiaMike site which is generally more used, it is not just a travel Forum.

Goa - India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com

Stay around here though, as this part of the forum needs more members!!
Old Jun 15th 2016, 7:54 am
Just Joined

cazza158 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi are you still around? Are you here in goa? I know of a couple of families homeschooling in cola or perhaps you have changed your minds?

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 11th 2016 at 5:28 am.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cazza158
Hi are you still around? Are you here in goa? I know of a couple of families homeschooling in cola or perhaps you have changed your minds? Pls join south goa for parents group on Facebook to meet other families round here ☺
Hi Cazza thanks for replying to my thread, we are on schedule to move to colva in September and are very much looking forward to the new adventure we will be looking for homeschooling for our 6 year old boy we are also looking at cbse accredited schools but have not had any replays from these schools to date. I will look for the parents group on Facebook now.

Kind regards
Old Jul 10th 2016, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Pls check my recent comments to others 're schools. The biggest problem you will find is most schools are full up and don't take admissions in the middle of the school year. And I remember they were all pretty useless at replying too. I suspect you might find your son is way ahead when it comes to reading skills. My son goes to mount litera zee school near the airport. There is definitely a school bus that goes through c colva as I have seen it. They do have spaces as far as I am aware as the school is only 4 years old.
Old Jul 10th 2016, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi cazza
Could you tell me if this school is a cbse school? We will be Mobi g to our new villa in utorda once completed sometime in November and I've checked the location it's about 20mins from my new place.

What are your thoughts on the school?
Old Jul 11th 2016, 4:31 am
Just Joined

Hi yes it is cbse. Well they seem to have smaller classes than the margao schools and claim to do more project based work although my son is only in Sr kg so it is difficult to judge. I suspect we would all have some issues at any school they go to over here 😉 at least they are a bit more modern in their outlook than most of the school's..... and they have a beautiful swimming pool with swimming as part of the curriculum. We live in nuvem so my son gets the bus from nuvem church and goes straight up the highway bit there seems to be a mini bus that presumably goes through utorda (presumably as there are some other kids living round there too)
Old Jul 11th 2016, 5:42 am
Just Joined

They also let me see in the classrooms when lessons were going on which most schools don't allow. In fact I have 2 friends with kids at childcare in margao (a school) and one kid has been going there for 3 years I think, and the parents have never seen any of the classrooms! !!!!!!!
Old Jul 11th 2016, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cazza158
Hi yes it is cbse. Well they seem to have smaller classes than the margao schools and claim to do more project based work although my son is only in Sr kg so it is difficult to judge. I suspect we would all have some issues at any school they go to over here 😉 at least they are a bit more modern in their outlook than most of the school's..... and they have a beautiful swimming pool with swimming as part of the curriculum. We live in nuvem so my son gets the bus from nuvem church and goes straight up the highway bit there seems to be a mini bus that presumably goes through utorda (presumably as there are some other kids living round there too)
Hi cazza
That's wonderful thanks for your input I've checked out their website and it seem they are a bit more modern looking than the schools in margao.
I will be looking to enrol him. Into year 2.
Could you tell me the admissions process and fees please?