GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Aug 28th 2014, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

The hotel or guesthouse has to register online. You personally cannot do anything. They will not accept C Forms at the police station.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
The hotel or guesthouse has to register online. You personally cannot do anything. They will not accept C Forms at the police station.
We were told years ago that as our apartment was within an hotel complex but we were not registered in the hotel we had to complete C forms and take them to the police station at Anjuna. We have never done that although one couple I know in the same complex did every year. The hotel would not register us as they would have to pay tax on us if they did. I did get the C forms one year but was not convinced they applied as we were not renting and in any case they needed completing in triplicate and I had not got enough forms to do that so I just filed them in the appropriate place.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

On one occasion, some years back, the police were checking up on foreigners and we all had a knock on the door. I'd been away for 3 weeks in Thailand and presumed my previous C Form was good but they disagreed and gave me some hassle. That's the only reason I filled one. I live in my own apartment. I can't do it now, not possible with their new methods.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
On one occasion, some years back, the police were checking up on foreigners and we all had a knock on the door. I'd been away for 3 weeks in Thailand and presumed my previous C Form was good but they disagreed and gave me some hassle. That's the only reason I filled one. I live in my own apartment. I can't do it now, not possible with their new methods.
The police come to the hotel regularly to check on guests and one time they took some away who turned out to be Afghanis but we have never had a problem. touch wood!
Old Oct 18th 2014, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just recharged my TATA Sky account from the UK as usually I struggle to do it online in Goa and I pay it annually but reduce my package to the minimum while the apartment is empty (that can be done on line also). My next job is to recharge my phone, I do this every month through wordremit.com, that and sending a text has kept my phone number, which I have had for years, live. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue, getting a new sim card is not difficult, I do it every year for my modem its the having to notify everyone of a new number that is the pain.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Suspend your phone sim for the time you're away. It's not expensive.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Republic Day parade was amazing wasn't it?
Those beautiful horses slow marching without any mistake. The floats--- all of it great.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Yesterday evening I watched a debate on tv, the subject was the lady offloaded from an aircraft because she was meeting an all party of British MPs to discuss human rights in India. I was astonished as I watched a guy I thought was British,saying Britain was in no position to criticise India on human rights.The guy in question is Lord Desai. A lord of the realm! When talking of India, it was 'We this', ' We that', like any good Indian should do.

I thought it very strange that a member of the British Parliament should be using some of the terms he was using.However, Wiki puts his nationality as 'Indian British.' Is there a nationality called that? Not one or the other? Strange.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidhendry
Yesterday evening I watched a debate on tv, the subject was the lady offloaded from an aircraft because she was meeting an all party of British MPs to discuss human rights in India. I was astonished as I watched a guy I thought was British,saying Britain was in no position to criticise India on human rights.The guy in question is Lord Desai. A lord of the realm! When talking of India, it was 'We this', ' We that', like any good Indian should do.

I thought it very strange that a member of the British Parliament should be using some of the terms he was using.However, Wiki puts his nationality as 'Indian British.' Is there a nationality called that? Not one or the other? Strange.
He is British nationality, of Indian origin. I presume Wiki has put it how he wants it to read.
He seems to spend a lot of time in India talking at great length on NDTV -'Buck stops here' (usually a lot of nonsense-in my opinion).
You are correct it is not possible to have dual nationality.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hes a Blair appointment too.That must have cost him a few quid.I wouldnt take much notice of these sort of people they are like chameleons and change their tune with each passing regime.Hes probably pandering to the new wave of Indianess sweeping India after the BJP victory.The one thing that does stick in your throat is that they promote India as the new kid on the economic block but never in a million years would they actually live there and help the country achieve its potential
Old Feb 26th 2015, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Some positive and negative.
Leaving Karwar tomorrow to go to Goa, staying for a few days in North Goa. First time been North of Panjim for about 20 years!! We want to try out some of the restaurants I have read about on this Forum.
Pleased to be leaving Karwar, boring++ now various visitors have left. Fed up with repair people not turning up, beach area is being ruined, town traffic dreadful. Ganesh temple up the road has pre-recorded Puja, prayers going on for hours. Rama temple's new electronic drum can be heard for a mile.
(Will probably be missing it all in a few weeks!!)

OH has developed mild labyrinthitis a few days back* (taken to a walking stick!!) so changed mind about going round to say goodbye to elderly neighbours----Shame heard a shuffle, they had staggered here on arm of helper, bringing gifts. He is 92, she is 90, married for 68 years. He has amazing stamp collection started during time of British- volumes cover half a wall. There were good relations on the ground here with most of British, they were just doing a job and behaviour controlled by their superiors and they in turn controlled by British Gov.
Mrs, brought up in Mumbai, can't ask her particular experience there, has no teeth so English not very clear. They are a great pair --totally 'with-it'.

*given a stemetil injection in the waiting room of local GP, when assistant had brought it from town. No privacy here!! can listen to everyone's symptoms. Same at our lawyers, people gather to hear other's cases All good fun.

Last edited by Bipat; Feb 26th 2015 at 7:53 am.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

It is a measure of the downturn in Goan (and Indian) fortunes vis-a-vis tourism (and international interest generally), that the most recent post on this forum is 10 days old. There was a time when 10 minutes was fairly unusual.
Mostly this can be laid at India's door, with insensitive moderator actions not helping the situation.

AndyD
Old Mar 11th 2015, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by a_f_d
It is a measure of the downturn in Goan (and Indian) fortunes vis-a-vis tourism (and international interest generally), that the most recent post on this forum is 10 days old. There was a time when 10 minutes was fairly unusual.
Mostly this can be laid at India's door, with insensitive moderator actions not helping the situation.

AndyD
The lack of posts on an IT, gossip, expat Forum is a measure of "international interest" in a country??? You really can't think that?
Global investment and political interest seem flourishing?

Tourism, yes you have a point--but tourists tend to post on Tripadvisor or Holiday Truths.

There seem to be plenty of posts on the Indiamike Forum, but in contrast to this particular part of the Expat Forum posters of non-British origin are not unwelcome.

There is plenty to grumble about in any country but maybe the negativity and apparent general contempt for India and its people, expressed here so often inhibits some potential posters.

Further to my above post, agree with the negativity regarding North Goa, ---garbage, edge to edge shacks, swarming with British in their own groups (Didn't see any brown underwear though). Although we didn't wander far OH still unsteady with his 'ear' problem.
Will not be repeating the visit to North Goa.
Now, enjoying Mumbai for a few days, new flyover a great help to get from Chembur to Fort area. Other roads still mostly a nightmare!
Old Mar 11th 2015, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

I should have said: (and positive international interest generally).

AndyD 8-)
Old Mar 11th 2015, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I should have said: (and positive international interest generally).

AndyD 8-)
Just discovered this link, although probably should be on the newspaper thread.

The Better India - Positive news. Happy Stories. Unsung Heroes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.