GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Aug 14th 2014, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by Chameleons
You are right in saying that those 'who can afford a private car can afford 10 rupees' but there seems to be an extreme reluctance to fork out for parking. As leegrand says, Patto is a pleasure now and, strangely, not so many cars! Same goes with the parking under the market. It would appear that many people are happy to drive around for some time looking for free parking places so pay parking will make a very big difference.
My husband hates to pay for parking and will park for free if possible but at 10 rupees for 4 hours you would probably use more than 10 rupees worth of petrol driving around to find a free space. A lot will probably depend on how they collect the parking fee.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

That is a good point!

I also hate to pay for parking, although would probably still prefer to drive around and find a free place, its the principle of the thing
Old Aug 18th 2014, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

It was lovely to see the Independence Day parade in New York, at the weekend. Only criticism, the pipe band dressed in Scottish dress. Real shame.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Davie, don't really see the problem except maybe a confusion of identity?

The colours on the sash could coincidentally be mistaken for those of the Irish Republic tricolour??
Attached Thumbnails GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT-1408320538-india-independence-day-parade-2014-new-york-city_5545508.jpg  
Old Aug 18th 2014, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by babu1
Davie, don't really see the problem except maybe a confusion of identity?

The colours on the sash could coincidentally be mistaken for those of the Irish Republic tricolour??
I would have thought it was more likely to be an Irish band because apparently there is a large number of Americans of Irish extraction, they certainly used to collect large amounts of money to support the IRA in New York!
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Originally Posted by k800mer
I would have thought it was more likely to be an Irish band because apparently there is a large number of Americans of Irish extraction, they certainly used to collect large amounts of money to support the IRA in New York!
There really isn't any confusion. An Indian celebration. An Indian pipe band dressed in tartan kilts, with all the other regalia usually associated with Scottish bands.

Yes, Noraid collected for the IRA. No big secret there.

We often see the terms, Irish American, Indian American, but never Brit American. Brits better at integrating? I feel if a country accepts you, then you in turn should adopt the culture of the country and all that goes with it.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidhendry
There really isn't any confusion. An Indian celebration. An Indian pipe band dressed in tartan kilts, with all the other regalia usually associated with Scottish bands.

Yes, Noraid collected for the IRA. No big secret there.

We often see the terms, Irish American, Indian American, but never Brit American. Brits better at integrating? I feel if a country accepts you, then you in turn should adopt the culture of the country and all that goes with it.
Are they though? America easy --Brits created it?? Do expats world over speak the languages, adopt the dress etc?
UK continual anti-immigrant propaganda etc-- wouldn't you agree? causes 'expats', 'immigrants' to cling together in their own groups as also in Goa for instance????
Old Aug 20th 2014, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bipat
Are they though? America easy --Brits created it?? Do expats world over speak the languages, adopt the dress etc?
UK continual anti-immigrant propaganda etc-- wouldn't you agree? causes 'expats', 'immigrants' to cling together in their own groups as also in Goa for instance????
Goanvoice is saying that Monarch will stop all charters from summer 2015.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

America easy--Brits created it?? What does this mean?

Anti immigrant propaganda? Could be that some people have realised the UK population has reached saturation point.

Are there any laws in the UK aimed specifically at, and against, immigrants? In Goa we have exactly that situation, as anyone who LIVES here will tell you.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidhendry
America easy--Brits created it?? What does this mean?

Anti immigrant propaganda? Could be that some people have realised the UK population has reached saturation point.

Are there any laws in the UK aimed specifically at, and against, immigrants? In Goa we have exactly that situation, as anyone who LIVES here will tell you.
America ---I meant that the british went over there and took over from the American Indians that were living there!!! So speak English, wear the same clothes etc. Was meant as a bit of a joke on my part really.

The rest,--- was serious in that immigrants have never been really welcome in UK at first, if YOU had been one you would know.
So they always have stayed in their own groups until they became confident, then integration happens for most.
My point "As in Goa " not very clear, I meant British felt the same antagonism when living there.

Have lived in India in ping/pong manner for decades. Must say though nowadays OH is initially perceived as a foreigner in Goa (not in Karwar obviously) but as soon as he starts speaking Konkani the atmosphere changes.

As in UK language matters. ( I have a very distant relative who will not speak to me unless I answer in Konkani, she is fluent in English but making a point. and K is a bl**** difficult language.)
Old Aug 20th 2014, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

America ---I meant that the british went over there and took over from the American Indians that were living there!!! So speak English, wear the same clothes etc. Was meant as a bit of a joke on my part really.

The rest,--- was serious in that immigrants have never been really welcome in UK at first, if YOU had been one you would know.
So they always have stayed in their own groups until they became confident, then integration happens for most.
My point "As in Goa " not very clear, I meant British felt the same antagonism when living there.

Have lived in India in ping/pong manner for decades. Must say though nowadays OH is initially perceived as a foreigner in Goa (not in Karwar obviously) but as soon as he starts speaking Konkani the atmosphere changes.

As in UK language matters. ( I have a very distant relative who will not speak to me unless I answer in Konkani, she is fluent in English but making a point. and K is a bl**** difficult language.)
I have always thought that immigrants to the Uk created some of their problems themselves by not integrating but forming their own communities and not learning English in some cases.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by k800mer
I have always thought that immigrants to the Uk created some of their problems themselves by not integrating but forming their own communities and not learning English in some cases.
Yes some have, and I have to say some of the very strict Muslim communities certainly do.

Also some elderly relatives brought by young families didn't actually didn't want to come, refused to settle, speaking only their original language and having a suitcase ready under the bed to go 'home', for many it never happened, they couldn't afford it, got too old etc. Sad. (Same with Irish workers).

But--it was chicken and egg, they were not welcome (a shock to many from Commonwealth countries who thought of UK as part of their home). So many took to clinging together in their own communities, which accentuated the differences and made them even less welcome.

Much as immigrants have throughout time. Think of Jewish quarters do they exist now, yes, but to less and less extent. It takes time and generations to really integrate.

One additional problem is that some immigrants lose touch with how the 'old country' has evolved and remain in a time warp.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute

Any news about the online C forms? Still have not heard from anybody in Goa about it. Thanks.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Any news about the online C forms? Still have not heard from anybody in Goa about it. Thanks.
... are you taking paying guests then?

AndyD 8-)
Old Aug 28th 2014, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by a_f_d
... are you taking paying guests then?

AndyD 8-)
Question with a question?? Try again...has anyone heard whats going on with the online applications for the C Form?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.