GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 9:16 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
I think you're quite right Johnny five; but perhaps more interestingly is the fact that somebody must be! Otherwise why would they run these trains? It works out at substantially more expensive than even the most expensive cruise and for the same amount of money it would be possible to charter a small private yacht for a week!
And neither of those in India, at Indian prices!

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Thanks for the suggestions; I think I'll pass on long distance driving but a car and driver is a possibility (though we've had a little bit of trouble in the past with the driver's promised English being restricted to his memorised guide shpeel). And no, I had no intention of paying those prices for the 'Royal Rajasthan on Wheels' - ongelooflijk!

AndyD 8-)
Andy, when we did our tour a couple of years ago we had a car and driver and the drivers english was good. He is based in Jaipur. friends have used his service several times and everyone has been happy with him. Do you want his email address?
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by k800mer
Andy, when we did our tour a couple of years ago we had a car and driver and the drivers english was good. He is based in Jaipur. friends have used his service several times and everyone has been happy with him. Do you want his email address?
Thanks, yes - please PM me.

AndyD 8-)
Old Aug 25th 2012, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe the prices of these special trains in India - we have been considering a Rajasthan tour for this next winter and I looked at a 'Palace on Wheels' type tour based on Rajasthan. It works out at over £5,000 for two people for 7 nights - who the f* is paying that sort of money???

AndyD 8-)₹
Just seen this report about new smart double decker train. Could be an alternative for first part of journey!!! (If you can put up with terrible Delhi rail station.)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...22_468x286.jpg

Link doesn't seem to work --- 4-1/2 hours Delhi to Jaipur,
347Rs one-way ticket.

Last edited by Bipat; Aug 25th 2012 at 8:00 am. Reason: Addition
Old Aug 25th 2012, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Catherine Jenkins having an affair with Golden Balls Beckham ? Im going back to bed in case its catching....
Old Aug 25th 2012, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Just seen this report about new smart double decker train. Could be an alternative for first part of journey!!! (If you can put up with terrible Delhi rail station.)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...22_468x286.jpg

Link doesn't seem to work --- 4-1/2 hours Delhi to Jaipur,
347Rs one-way ticket.
Found a better link (I hope). The train looks quite good (Although I suppose it would when new.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome...Pink-City.html
Old Aug 26th 2012, 9:52 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe the prices of these special trains in India - we have been considering a Rajasthan tour for this next winter and I looked at a 'Palace on Wheels' type tour based on Rajasthan. It works out at over £5,000 for two people for 7 nights - who the f* is paying that sort of money???

AndyD 8-)₹
WTF ? 5 grand for a week on a poxy train in India - are they taking the proverbial ?

Dread - x
Old Aug 26th 2012, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

Thats full board Dread! Window seat and you don't have to bring your own bed linen or towels.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 10:42 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
Thats full board Dread! Window seat and you don't have to bring your own bed linen or towels.
Gosh - knowing that I will rush and get myself booked on it right now .................................................. .................................................. .............NOT !!!!!!

Full board meaning of course Delhi belly warmed up macaque curry or some other such delicacy !!!

Dread - x
Old Aug 26th 2012, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Gosh - knowing that I will rush and get myself booked on it right now .................................................. .................................................. .............NOT !!!!!!

Full board meaning of course Delhi belly warmed up macaque curry or some other such delicacy !!!

Dread - x
Don't think so Dread! Palace on wheels is supposed to be the ultimate in luxury and includes all excursions etc. I wouldn't (couldn't) dream of paying those prices though.
At the other end of cost, food on the Shatabdi express trains can be quite good.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat
Don't think so Dread! Palace on wheels is supposed to be the ultimate in luxury and includes all excursions etc. I wouldn't (couldn't) dream of paying those prices though.
At the other end of cost, food on the Shatabdi express trains can be quite good.
Ultimate in luxury it may claim - but I bet the on board food will still include curry of dubious looking content !
And it is still obscenely overpriced - even the 7 star hotel in Oman costs less than that for a week I believe!!

Dread - x
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Many thanks to all that have been supporting me whilst trying to find a new home !

I`ve spent over 3 weeks constantly trying to find somewhere and looked at over 30 properties.
I`m relieved and really happy to tell you all that I`ve finally found a beautiful place to call home for at least 2 years.

Its very close to the old ferry crossing at Siolim and Amancio`s bar will be in walking distance!

Old Sep 3rd 2012, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Originally Posted by msj5
Many thanks to all that have been supporting me whilst trying to find a new home !

I`ve spent over 3 weeks constantly trying to find somewhere and looked at over 30 properties.
I`m relieved and really happy to tell you all that I`ve finally found a beautiful place to call home for at least 2 years.

Its very close to the old ferry crossing at Siolim and Amancio`s bar will be in walking distance!

SO PLEASED FOR YOU, JILL. WISHING YOU A SAFE & HAPPY MOVE.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Tina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by msj5

Good luck for the move.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by leegrand
Iain. thanks for that,will ring today, youre welcome to a slap up ar Riverside any time.
Which Riverside is that Lee ?

Dread - x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.