GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Sep 26th 2014, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Congratulations....!
Old Sep 26th 2014, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Jessica is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about both of you. Thank you for everything and congratulations on your good news. I am still waiting to hear outcome of investigation myself...
Old Feb 20th 2015, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

erinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jessica
Sorry to hear about both of you. Thank you for everything and congratulations on your good news. I am still waiting to hear outcome of investigation myself...

Does anyone know if there is a town Hall meeting planned for 2015 please? Have lost the details from last year's meeting and cannot get access on the British High commission site ( something not set up right on my computer I think). thanks
Old Feb 21st 2015, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Originally Posted by erinsgirl
Does anyone know if there is a town Hall meeting planned for 2015 please? Have lost the details from last year's meeting and cannot get access on the British High commission site ( something not set up right on my computer I think). thanks
Hi Erinsgirl!

The Working Party have reported that "The BHC told us that they had decided there would not be a Town Hall meeting in Goa this season." I suppose that means there could be one before the end of 2015 but not this end of the year.

Chameleons.

Last edited by Chameleons; Feb 21st 2015 at 2:57 am. Reason: .
Old Jun 26th 2015, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

mywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the rough

hi can someone help with the working party.. checked the british high commission but think i am either being thick or it has been removed.. need to contact them asap thanks
Old Jun 26th 2015, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

I've sent you a PM

AndyD 8-)
Old Jun 29th 2015, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Jessica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I've sent you a PM

AndyD 8-)β‚Ή
Thanks. Can't see how to access pm in new format. Any chance you could send it to <<<snip>>> Thanks so much. Hope you are well. Will be back in Goa Oct to March, God willing! Diana Gibson (Jessica)

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 29th 2015 at 5:22 am. Reason: Please do not post email addresses. Thanks
Old Jun 29th 2015, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jessica
Thanks. Can't see how to access pm in new format. Any chance you could send it to <<<snip>>> Thanks so much. Hope you are well. Will be back in Goa Oct to March, God willing! Diana Gibson (Jessica)
I've emailled a couple of the members to let them know you're trying to contact the WP.

AndyD 8-)
Old Feb 26th 2016, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

emmatintor is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

It's a shame that India stipulates all these rules and regs but offers a back door by virtue of their weak legal system for the likes of Steve Wood to exploit. India and their hopeful residents are not the only victims of Steve Wood. He is also known to prey on women with excess funds with the view of trapping them financially and capitalizing on their money.

Well, maybe it's not illegal in the uk to do so, but anyone with any moral standing would agree that it does not make it right. Steve Wood is nothing but a vacuum. He sucks in the vulnerable and spits them back out. He is also well versed on evading the truth. I have no idea what motivates the likes of him to royally rip people off.....maybe his intelligence in this field is fuelled by a psychotic disease?? Anyway, I hope that tourists in his are not influenced by his lies. If it sounds like it is too good to be true, it usually is!!
Old Jul 12th 2017, 3:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Franbasi...I have moved your post into a new thread in our UK forum...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/rover...-quays-899509/
Old Jul 13th 2017, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

mayrig is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Marie,

Welcome to BE. Please if you are not a PIO DO NOT PURCHASE IN GOA> there is not a safe way you can purchase property whatever anybody tells you especially ~Estate Agents/Developers, or Advocates.
Most of us are in the """" although we thought we had done everything by the book. Being investigated is not for the faint hearted, neither is not being able to register your deeds. Keep your money in your pocket and rent, it is so much cheaper and safer.
Just for the benefit of anyone new checking on this forum about buying property in Goa. DO NOT PURCHASE IN GOA --> regardless of whether you have a PIO card (now changed to OCI) or an original OCI cardholder, there is NO safe way you can purchase property whatever anybody tells you especially ~Estate Agents/Developers, or Advocates.

As we have learned through bitter experience (even with the OCI card) they may allow you to buy but they will not easily allow you to sell. We have a buyer and have been trying to sell our house for more than ONE YEAR yet we are still awaiting permission to sell... yes.. you need 'permission' to sell!!

I know of other OCIs who have actually been 'refused' permission. The card is a scam in my opinion and the Ministry of Home Affairs who issues the card does not want to know! It's just a glorified permanent visa and nothing more... notwithstanding all the promises printed in the card.

Find somewhere else to put your hard earned money.. if you put it into Goa you will end up regretting it, as we do!
Old Jul 13th 2017, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Rent - do not buy.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Find somewhere else to put your hard earned money.. if you put it into Goa you will end up regretting it, as we do!

Any fool CAN* buy in Goa..... *but you cannot sell... πŸ˜ˆπŸ‘ŽANYONE that promises you that you can is just full of bullsh1t
Goa has been built on bullsh1tπŸ’© ! Now here's a thought, if the Hindu's get their way and ban beef.. will this mean all bullsh1t will be banned as well ? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Old Jul 25th 2017, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The message of 1947. The colonisers are no longer welcome ! Of course their money is acceptable but they themselves are not wanted !
Old Jul 25th 2017, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The message of 1947. The colonisers are no longer welcome ! Of course their money is acceptable but they themselves are not wanted !
Goa was colonised by the Portuguese! Reclaimed in 1961! No evidence that Portuguese particularly are not welcome!
The massive rebuilding and changes from tourism, investment in holiday homes by wealthy from other parts of India have made big differences to the landscape and are resented by some Goans. Also with increased transport people from other areas coming to live and work.

Regarding house purchases there were problems because some of Portuguese property laws were maintained, also the general rules regarding sale of agricultural land--and the conversion of agricultural to non-agricultural are not always understood by foreigners (problems enough for non-foreigners!!) Most of the investment purchases are new build.
The particular problem discussed at length here about foreigners registration of property---Andy D the expert.

'Hindus' banning beef is a nonsense--it is a few Chief Ministers in other States making this ban. (One particularly bizarre CM!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.