Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Free Cup of Tea and a Sticky Bun!

Free Cup of Tea and a Sticky Bun!

Old Sep 8th 2016, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Colin Robinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Free Cup of Tea and a Sticky Bun!

Hi All

So as not to get shot down by the Moderators for asking people to "advertise" in a thread, could any member please send me a private message with contact details of anyone they might know of who has a place to rent for up to 5 months, starting at the beginning of November 2016?

I have never been on this section of the site but if it's anything like it's US or Portuguese "brothers", may I say I do NOT need advice on visas, working in India, where I SHOULD stay that's "better" than Candolim, how I don't really want to be there for that long or any other subjects.

Sorry about that - but for the majority of really kind, helpful, knowledgeable people on this site, your help would be very, very much appreciated and if you are currently living anywhere near Candolim, I will bring you out a tea bag and a sticky bun (if I can get it through customs?)!

Thank you,

Colin
Old Nov 10th 2016, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Colin Robinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Free Cup of Tea and a Sticky Bun!

Hi again

I have made it out here to Candolim in Goa and am staying in a grotty "Guesthouse" for 3 days because, as I expected, I WAS let down at the last minute by someone who "promised" he would put me up!

I have spent my first day wandering the streets of Candolim looking for a long-term place to rent, not helped by having no money? Why couldn't the banks have done all this currency changing stuff LAST week instead of waiting for the day I come out to start? Sigh...

I THINK I've found somewhere good and reasonably priced and if I am let down again, have even found a more expensive fall-back so, hopefully, by next week I should be settled?

If things go wrong however, I would ask again if anyone on here knows of somewhere reasonably cheap I could rent, that has a small kitchen and, preferably wifi, that is somewhere near Candolim or Calangute please???

I have tried asking Taxi drivers, normally a source of all knowledge, but these seem hopeless so far and the Tuk Tuk's have disappeared, much to my disgust, so I have been wandering in to hotels and resorts and those they can recommend seem to be expensive?

Anyway, if I can get some money tomorrow, I can get a SIM card for my phone and then I will have a phone number! If any of you live in the area, perhaps we can meet up and you will let me pick your brains in return for a beer or two (or three?)?

My sincere thanks to any of you kind people who take the time to reply......

Colin