Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Downing St, E-Petition

Downing St, E-Petition

Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Santan will become famous soon enoughSantan will become famous soon enough
Default Downing St, E-Petition

Gud Moaning,

Now this is only just an ideawhich came to me about 3am this morning (in between going for a pee and wondering which part of me is going to ache today)Does anyone think that starting an E-petition may at least highlight our "BUYING PROPERTY " plight to the government or anybody else who cares?
I am obviously prepared to shot down on this and callled "Stupid boy":embaressed_smile:but any port(execept Goan) in a storm,Whaddya think out there?

Kevin (on the way 2 work)
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:00 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Downing St, E-Petition

Originally Posted by kevinfp
Gud Moaning,

Now this is only just an ideawhich came to me about 3am this morning (in between going for a pee and wondering which part of me is going to ache today)Does anyone think that starting an E-petition may at least highlight our "BUYING PROPERTY " plight to the government or anybody else who cares?
I am obviously prepared to shot down on this and callled "Stupid boy":embaressed_smile:but any port(execept Goan) in a storm,Whaddya think out there?

Hi Kev,

Will join in a do anything that anybody suggests Waiting for
the "Leader top dog Douglas" to guide.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Gud Moaning,

Hi kevinfp,

So kevin, what you appear to be saying is that we petition the british government to tell the indian government that foreigners should be allowed to enter their country and commit illegal acts such as purchasing immovable property?

Also, do you think anybody cares, apart from those with a vested interest and/or a misplaced sense of entitlement?

regards
douglas
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Santan will become famous soon enoughSantan will become famous soon enough

Hi Douglas,
No I don't actually think the Government would take our plight on but as I said if our plight could be" highlighted" who knows the press "may " pick it up and even if it prevents the Acronites from going down the rocky road surely this may be of benefit to others ? You yourself calculated that us "fools" have invested millions of £££ into our folly...can we not even try to bring it to the public attention?( Even Ghandi had to start somewhere.)
I will always take notice of your vastly superior knowledge on the subject but conversely believe we have got to try every avenue possible to acheive a positive result.

Kevin ( back from work,glass of red wine in hand, rose tinted glasses on !)
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

thatman will become famous soon enoughthatman will become famous soon enough

Douglas - the person who knows it all - what was your down fall - and why did you fall if you knew it all?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:09 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Douglas,
No I don't actually think the Government would take our plight on but as I said if our plight could be" highlighted" who knows the press "may " pick it up and even if it prevents the Acronites from going down the rocky road surely this may be of benefit to others ? You yourself calculated that us "fools" have invested millions of £££ into our folly...can we not even try to bring it to the public attention?( Even Ghandi had to start somewhere.)
I will always take notice of your vastly superior knowledge on the subject but conversely believe we have got to try every avenue possible to acheive a positive result.

Hi Kev/thatman

Anything is worth a try, other sites have written to the HCI, and our Government but HCI and Brit Gov. they only worry about what affects them personally. As you say lets try.
Our Government gives the Goans who want a visa to come here a hard time. On the day my friend tried for his Visa only two out of all the applicants were given a UK visa, he was lucky. (and apparently if you don't get your UK Visa the UK Consul in Goa wont return your money)

We found ourselves in our present position buying in Goa through ignorance, although we thought at the time we had done everything by the book, as you know we are in trouble with the D of E, but at least reading one thread to-night, we had the right Visa. I don't know what happened in Douglas' case, why he went there in the first place and bought a property thats for him to tell us. Probably like us he has learnt the hard way.
We just fell in love with the place, it's people and have been visiting since the early 90's.
'night
Noni

Last edited by noni; Aug 1st 2007 at 10:12 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by thatman
Douglas - the person who knows it all - what was your down fall - and why did you fall if you knew it all?
Hi thatman,

I dont know it all, but i know more than most.

What do you mean by my downfall?

regards
douglas
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Douglas,

Hi kevinfp,

I share your concerns and i dont mean to be flippant, hopefully we are all sharing our knowledge on this site in order to understand the situation in goa as best we can. At the same time we are doing our utmost to prevent others from making the same mistakes.

I think your press idea has more merit than the government approach, but arent the media and their place in the sun features partly responsible for this debacle?

At the end of the d of e enquiry hopefully we will have a much better picture of the fate and status of FNs in goa.

regards
douglas
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi thatman,

I dont know it all, but i know more than most.

What do you mean by my downfall?

regards
douglas
Hi again thatman,

Just an afterthought, you are clearly angry, are you an acronite?

regards
douglas