Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:59 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by noni
naughty boy! And not even a Friday night - Oh! I do miss Remy.
Noni, it's okay you larfing at me being told off by Mitzy Boy for being 'naughty' - G&T's crept into my Thursday evening - that's happens when 'er indoors' works late (at least thats what she told me! ). . . . . . . .

Will Mitzy Boy elaborate on L.T. & B.M. doing an 'Elvis' ?????

Regards

Hemingway.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:23 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
London Tom and Blue Max have left the building hence there will be no reply

Sorry Hemmingway - I had not seen Miztyboy reply.

Now we will never know about the surgeons in Goa, I also was interested in eye laser treatment - would love to have it done, but am a baby whether in UK or anywhere else.

I don't know if Mitzyboy and Sue have ever seen Jeremy Kyle Show, I think you, and a few others, plus those that have left the building along with Sue /Mitzy should be on one of his shows.

Mitzy/Sue only joking, you do a good job

p.s. been packing for Goa to-day! Don't know why ~Sue deleted the other thread, but we were concerned about the 30 day visa! Or was it a troll wind up.

Last edited by noni; Sep 25th 2008 at 9:25 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
Noni, it's okay you larfing at me being told off by Mitzy Boy for being 'naughty' - G&T's crept into my Thursday evening - that's happens when 'er indoors' works late (at least thats what she told me! ). . . . . . . .

Will Mitzy Boy elaborate on L.T. & B.M. doing an 'Elvis' ?????

Regards

Hemingway.
I didn't tell you off

Just as I said ...... they are no longer welcome on the forum, and several others are gone also for dual identities but I can't really elaborate more Sorry.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I didn't tell you off

Just as I said ...... they are no longer welcome on the forum, and several others are gone also for dual identities but I can't really elaborate more Sorry.
Well done Mizy
I thank you,the insults were getting a bit to near the bone
cheers you do a great job and I for one really appreciate you
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:16 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Now we will never know about the surgeons in Goa, I also was interested in eye laser treatment - would love to have it done, but am a baby whether in UK or anywhere else.
Noni,

I'm short sighted & have worn glasses & daily disposable contacts for over 18 years - I've never fancied laser eye correction - I've heard too many unpleasant stories AND I once saw the laser operator's job advertised and it didn't pay very well at all - I'd want an extremely highly skilled person operating a laser anywhere near me at all, never mind specifically my eyes!

Plus I found an ad in a Ryanair magazine for a daily disposables contact lens company and now I'm paying 75% less per month than I was!

Regards

Hemingway
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:13 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Noni,

I'm short sighted & have worn glasses & daily disposable contacts for over 18 years - I've never fancied laser eye correction - I've heard too many unpleasant stories AND I once saw the laser operator's job advertised and it didn't pay very well at all - I'd want an extremely highly skilled person operating a laser anywhere near me at all, never mind specifically my eyes!

Plus I found an ad in a Ryanair magazine for a daily disposables contact lens company and now I'm paying 75% less per month than I was!

Regards

Hemingway
Are the daily disposables cheaper than in Goa?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:19 pm
I love apathy!

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
Are the daily disposables cheaper than in Goa?
Honeybee,

I bought some that are a well known worldwide brand (a family company. . . . . ) in Goa & they were a little but not a lot cheaper than the UK - I was paying £40.00 per month, now I'm paying £10.00 - okay, at £10.00 you don't get any aftercare but if you've worn these lenses for a long time & you observe good cleanliness standards, in my experience you don't have any problems - even if you occasionally become inebriated and fall asleep in them - someone told me that of course, it didn't happen to me!

Regards

Hemingway
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:28 pm
A little honey

Honeybee,

I bought some that are a well known worldwide brand (a family company. . . . . ) in Goa & they were a little but not a lot cheaper than the UK - I was paying £40.00 per month, now I'm paying £10.00 - okay, at £10.00 you don't get any aftercare but if you've worn these lenses for a long time & you observe good cleanliness standards, in my experience you don't have any problems - even if you occasionally become inebriated and fall asleep in them - someone told me that of course, it didn't happen to me!

Regards

Hemingway
Please can you put on this thread the name and address of the site from which you purchased your contacts, (if not allowed please pm me)
I have my eyes tested before going to Goa so have the correct prescription and the lense test.

I don't understand "even if you occasionally become inebriated and fall asleep in them! I would never do such a thing
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

Love Tomcat how does he get away with it with the politicians out there - at least they must be able to take it in good part.

or Ding Dong Bell, pussy down the well.
Well Goan certainly doing itself some good again in the Daily UK Papers.

Daily Mail "Goan Minister's son linked to Keeling and Bennett Murders"
you can read the story http://www.goanvoice.co.uk.
also there are 250 drug dealers in Goa!!!. I think Tomcat should read this site who give him plenty of ideas if he should get writers block.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:00 am
I love apathy!

Default Hospitality To Tourists

From Today's Navhind Times:

http://www.navhindtimes.com/story.php?story=2008100738

A short extract:

The white skin tourists are harassed by the lamanis, beggars and the traffic police too. Desi tourists? ogling at women makes for an unpleasant sight that lowers the image of Goa. Tourists being guests in our state, security and safety to their life must be ensured. They must be treated with courtesy and hospitality to enable them to enjoy a comfortable stay and return home with a pleasant memory of Goa to come back to again.

A common sense, reasonable approach. . . . . . . . . the letter certainly seems to have been written by a Goan judging by the name attributed to it in the paper.

Regards

Hemingway
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

morse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hospitality To Tourists

From Today's Navhind Times:

http://www.navhindtimes.com/story.php?story=2008100738

A short extract:

The white skin tourists are harassed by the lamanis, beggars and the traffic police too. Desi tourists? ogling at women makes for an unpleasant sight that lowers the image of Goa. Tourists being guests in our state, security and safety to their life must be ensured. They must be treated with courtesy and hospitality to enable them to enjoy a comfortable stay and return home with a pleasant memory of Goa to come back to again.

A common sense, reasonable approach. . . . . . . . . the letter certainly seems to have been written by a Goan judging by the name attributed to it in the paper.

Regards

Hemingway

Reasonable if they kept to it
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:36 am
A little honey

Originally Posted by morse
Reasonable if they kept to it
High court declines british mans plea, for taking £68K into Dabolim to purchase a property. Http://www.goanvoice.org.uk.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
High court declines british mans plea, for taking £68K into Dabolim to purchase a property. Http://www.goanvoice.org.uk.
if I read it right they have actually said that he must go through the normal appeals procedure before approaching the Hih Court (otoh there does perhaps seem to be a general failure to understand that travellers' cheques have to be countersigned before they are valid)

AndyD

P.S. from the same link - we got a question asked in the House of Lords - usual answer, but every little helps.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:58 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
if I read it right they have actually said that he must go through the normal appeals procedure before approaching the Hih Court (otoh there does perhaps seem to be a general failure to understand that travellers' cheques have to be countersigned before they are valid)

AndyD

P.S. from the same link - we got a question asked in the House of Lords - usual answer, but every little helps.
Didn't the guy have pound notes?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

thatman will become famous soon enoughthatman will become famous soon enough

This is an extract from Thursday 9th October Herald - Sorry can't post the URL as I am in Goa using the internet via the mobile and it is so slow. If I try to go back and find it I will more than likely loose this site.

It is the Editorial by Everelle E Menezes

"In the first place, the Goa government has never had a clear cut tourism policy. They have moved from family tourism to charters and then to rent backs and then later to higher spending tourists without any concerted plan. It has been a case of trial and error, and later of error and more error. At one time we were hailing charters as the "cream of tourism" only to realise shortly afterwards that they were actually the dregs, with low cost Britishers gaining notoriety. Former tourist minister Carmo Pegado was candid enough to admit that is was funny that it took decades to realise that charters were far from ideal spenders".
He then goes on to say that the Scandinavians that are coming will be better spenders than the Brits as are the Russians.
"The Tourism Department has realised the futility of the Brits as well as the Trax domestic tourists from MH and KA but can do little to dissuade them. Maybe the police can do something to curb the nuisance caused by the domestic tourists who are as much a taboo as the cheap British charters."
"At one time it was the dream of most Goa boys to buy a motor bike and take "firang" girl on the pillion - with the imminent dangers of Aids their enthusiasm has probably waned, but we Goans still believe in the "white is beautful" mantra and it will take time to fade out. It is a colonial hang up".

This makes my blood boil - when I was reading it this morning it made me very angry but now typing it and understanding every word I am seething and want to get this guy on the end of a phone. (At the end of my hands would be better).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.