Business Visas

Old Sep 3rd 2013, 5:39 am
Just Joined

federicoPa is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Business Visas

One more difficulty seems to be the requirement of one crore turn over for foreign owned companies.

I used to ask every year, since I have a small indian Company (that is trying to register a purchase) , a Business Visa at the Indian Consulate of Milan, in Italy, (presenting the usual big stuff of documents) and they were issuing a one year B visa with multiple entries.

Now I see that in their internet site it has been recently added the requirement that, to be entitled to a B visa, after two years of activity the indian Company must have a turn over of at least one crore.
Of course this is a huge amount, impossible to reach, for a small company that should rent a small house for tourists.

I knew that this requirement was asked in the past for visa extensions, not for visa issuing.
Of course I could ask a normal tourist visa to go to India but, every time that there is some official document to sign for the company (and hopefully to register a sale deed ......) , I am asked to show the Business Visa.

Does anybody have any information or experience about this matter ?

Same problem at the Indian Consulates in UK ?
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 5:46 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Cool Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by federicoPa

1)Does anybody have any information or experience about this matter ?

2) Same problem at the Indian Consulates in UK ?
Q1 - feel free to contact me with specific questions by private message.

Q2 - it does not appear so AS YET! (See attached screenshot from VFS UK website) BUT there website isn't alway up to date.

H.
Attached Thumbnails Business Visas-image.jpg  
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

federicoPa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Please find here the link to the new requirement stated in the Milan Consulate site ( see the point 5.1 ) :

http://www.indianvisamilan.com/en/vi...ness-visa.html

Maybe the english text is not exactly correct, because in italian they say:
"having business for more than two years".

In the past this requirement did not exist.

Bye

Federico
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:30 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

*****MODs: please can one of you move the last few relevant posts & create a business visa thread so as not to take the buyer beware thread off topic?*****

Interesting - if & when that hits VFS Global (unless they've lost the outsourcing contract following the tender process - which I doubt) in the UK, it will be a case of asking them to ask the consulate general/HCI what category of visa to apply for: can't get a tourist visa & visit a bank to pay money in before writing a cheque to pay a bill.

H.

Last edited by hemingway; Sep 3rd 2013 at 7:32 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:57 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
*****MODs: please can one of you move the last few relevant posts & create a business visa thread so as not to take the buyer beware thread off topic?*****

Interesting - if & when that hits VFS Global (unless they've lost the outsourcing contract following the tender process - which I doubt) in the UK, it will be a case of asking them to ask the consulate general/HCI what category of visa to apply for: can't get a tourist visa & visit a bank to pay money in before writing a cheque to pay a bill.

H.
The Indian Government have declared publicly that at renewal of contract, the only companies permitted to handle visa outsourcing will be Indian owned or controlled. Despite certain aspects of their origin, VFS/Kuoni will struggle to comply.

The smart money is on BLS............ add your own words, the Americans and Canadians already have , taking over worldwide. Can you imagine the size of the bribe they have paid?

Old Sep 4th 2013, 6:25 am
I love apathy!

Originally Posted by johnny five
Can you imagine the size of the bribe they have paid?.
Well at least if they paid the bribe in Rupees, it will have been much cheaper given the Rupee's recent dramatic deline to record lows - especially against the dollar!

H.

P.S. - I might be wrong but I thought (maybe read somewhere) that Kuoni are Swiss owned.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 11:56 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway

H.
Done.

Sorry there was a delay. If you can hit the report post button next time then we will get a notification and we can get to these type of things quicker. Thanks

(Sorry for the little interlude ......As you were)