Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Beach Sellers & Russians 2014/15

Beach Sellers & Russians 2014/15

Old Nov 4th 2014, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Default Beach Sellers & Russians 2014/15

I have read conflicting reports that there is now a TOTAL ban on the beach sellers North and South even those "working" inside the shacks ( out of CCTV view )

Also Russian charters are expected to be down but the new Air India scheduled Moscow>Goa flight may make up the shortfall

Anyone over there got up-dates ?

RofS
Old Dec 18th 2014, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Vagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of lightVagatorsunset is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Beach Sellers & Russians 2014/15

I would guess Russians to be fewer in Goa now their currency is collapsing.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 1:45 am
Just Joined

TheCaptain is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a total ban on beach sellers. There are still a few about but they're constantly worried about the Police and I've seen a few of them being chased by Policemen wielding sticks. Very few Russians about, and as a result everywhere is unbelievably quiet.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

99.9 % of what they sell is crap anyway.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Beach Sellers & Russians 2014/15

Originally Posted by Return of Santan
I have read conflicting reports that there is now a TOTAL ban on the beach sellers North and South even those "working" inside the shacks ( out of CCTV view )

Also Russian charters are expected to be down but the new Air India scheduled Moscow>Goa flight may make up the shortfall

Anyone over there got up-dates ?

RofS
The beach sellers have been progressively getting more hassle from the beach police over the last couple of years....they confiscate their goods only to sell them back to them! We saw no sellers on the beach in Ashvem this morning!
There are more than 60 charters from Russia not coming now and it is very noticeable. We walked past several shacks the other day and there were only a few people or none in all of them. Its very quiet and will not get any better. The Goans hoped that the Russians would save their tourist industry only to find out that for whatever reasons they are not coming. Neither are the Europeans! Their only salvation is the domestic market!
Old Dec 21st 2014, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

ben.n.c is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in Palolem a month ago, I saw a few people selling dvds/cds and flash light things at night.

It was my first time so I can't compare it to before the ban